Author Topic: Zeus v2 example for my 2014 show planning  (Read 1038 times)

Offline taybrynn

• RockinChristmas
Here is an example of some 2014 planning I did on Sunday.

I use two Etherdongles (ED#1 and ED#2) to run my show and I've been trying to figure out how I could utilize the spare pixelenet (PN) ranges  for the 2014 show. 

Honestly, there would have been NO WAY without the Zeus v2. which allows each of its 16 outputs to be jumpered to its own Pixelnet Universe (U#1, U#2, U#3 or U#4).    Previously, all DLA hubs and even the Zeus v1 would have you set the entire unit/PCB/board to a specific pixelnet Universe, which in most cases was fine because thats 4096 channels ... but in my case, All of my pixelnet universes are already highly fragmented (mostly used up) ...  (I did had one virgin 4096 universe left, all others were partial universes or leftovers).

So attached is a excerpt from the 2014 Excel spreadsheet where I took my "free pixelnet" ranges from 2 ED(s) across 8 PN universes (FREE PN row) ... and mapped my new display items (channels needed) into them vertically.  I color coded the new display items to help make it easier to see them.

So for example, I had to find places to map EIGHT sets of 381 channels each to control each of my new 1/2 mini rgb megatrees.  One set at my house (BUNKER in BLUE) and one set at the neighbors house (SEWELL in GREEN).  Further, because I only run one pixelnet cat5 to my neighbors house, ED#1 ... I had to try and map his into that side (or run another cat5 over there, which I'd rather not do, since its a long haul across yards and up and over the roof and back down).  The 381 comes from the fact that each mini megatree has 3 inter-connected 1/2" PVC conduits of 42 SS nodes each, or 126 nodes total ... and running in hybrid mode (add +1 for the string mode), that makes 127*3 = 381 PN ch per "3 pack" of conduits on the tree.  There are a total of EIGHT "3 packs" on each mini rgb megatree ... each 3 pack is made from a 128 node smart string from Ray.  The "FREE PN" row represents the unused/free PN channels on each of the pixelnet universes, so all eight universes across both etherdongles are shown.

Thanks again to RJ and everyone who helped make the Zeus v2 possible.

Scott
« Last Edit: July 14, 2014, by taybrynn »
Scott - Castle Rock, Colorado   [ 2 homes, 100% RGB in 2016; since 2008; over 32k channels of E1.31 ]
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login