Author Topic: Intensity  (Read 1448 times)

Offline rrowan

• Administrator
Intensity
« on: May 14, 2009, »
Hi Guys,

Unless I missed it.

We need to be able to set the intensity of the channel/track by a number

ie: 0 - 255

The intensity window does not show any info just dash marks.

Thanks

Rick (hopefully not a pain in the ... ) R. :D

Light Animation Hobby - Having fun and Learning at the same time. (21st member of DLA)
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Warning SOME assembly required

Offline LightShowPro

• LightShow Pro Owner
    • LightShow Pro
Intensity
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2009, »
Hi Guys,

Unless I missed it.

We need to be able to set the intensity of the channel/track by a number

ie: 0 - 255

The intensity window does not show any info just dash marks.

Thanks

Rick (hopefully not a pain in the ... ) R. :D

Hi Rick,
noted: this is a separate feature as what wbuehler is requesting.

If I understand you, you want to see numbers in the intensity track bar or include a text box to enter a discrete value between 0-255? right?

If so, is the intention to send a discrete value to a dmx device? or simply use a numeric value to determine intensity?

the reason I ask is because of the way that LSP works with intensity is on a 0-100% range not 0-255, although it would be simple to do (intensity*2.55) or (0-255*.392) programmatically to get a quick conversion, rounding may become an issue if you are looking to send a discrete value.

LSP has constructs to facilitate the precise value being sent, I just want to be sure to understand your objective before developing a solution.

So is it a discrete value you wish to send or a discrete intensity(with the posibility of rounding)

thanks,
David

Offline rrowan

• Administrator
Re: Intensity
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2009, »
Hi David

I split out this tread in hopes its easier for you.

Discrete value - maybe a second menu item with a text box to enter the value needed. Then the Intensity slider can stay as is for percentage.

1 - To set a channel (lights) to a known value
2 - Its a way we can set Most Lynx Controllers (the Express is the exception). Using the first two channels to program the start channel for a controller that is in program mode (boy that sounds confusing) example: Say a MR-16 Controller needs to be set to start channel 80. Channel 1(track #1) in LSP would be effect ON and the intensity would be 80, or Start address needs to be set to 400 then track #1 is ON with intensity set to 255 and track #2 is ON with intensity set to 145

Thanks

Rick R.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2009, by rrowan »
Light Animation Hobby - Having fun and Learning at the same time. (21st member of DLA)
Warning SOME assembly required

Offline LightShowPro

• LightShow Pro Owner
    • LightShow Pro
Re: Intensity
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2009, »
Hi Rick,
that all makes perfect sense.
Would it make sense to provide a configuration panel (dialog screen) which will send the desired config values to the controller in a simplified manner?