Author Topic: Just ordered my extension cords for my Lynx from the Co-OP  (Read 1489 times)

Offline arw01

Dollar tree will ship them for free to the local store to pick them up.

I ordered a full case of 50 for $1.00 each and sales tax, SOO nice to get ahead of needing 50 cords in November when they show up at the stores.

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline GrumpkaXmas

• Behind the scenes of Grumpka's Holiday Lights & Sounds.
Older post, but I thought it was worth giving a +one on.  ;)   I've been buying these a handful at a time locally.  They seem to work great.  I've yet to find a cheaper alternative.  Good to have the dollar store link to refer back to. I'm going to give this a shot and order in bulk.  Thanks for the post.
Steve from NJ, AKA Grumpka Xmas
I don't get on the forums as much as I'd like but you can find me on Facebook. 
2014-First Year in the hobby.  15+ Lynx Express controllers

Offline arw01

Although I have not opened my box yet to inspect them, they did arrive before they promised at the local store.  I followed the instructions on my receipt email that said to ask for a manager when I arrived, he promptly located my order, scanned my receipt and out the door I went.

Nice to have that stress out of the way early this year, I was running all over town with other errands (no special trips) to find enough cords last year.

With a few left overs from last year, and these 50, I think I am set for the 3 lynx I assembled and a couple SSR4's I need to do up from the pcb co-op.

I did find cords cheaper at Lowes after the season for a 3 pack of different lengths and colors, but when I ordered everything they had, they could only find 3 sets (9 cords).  However, I like consistency, so am happy to spend a few cents more and get all the same color, length etc.

Alan

Offline GrumpkaXmas

• Behind the scenes of Grumpka's Holiday Lights & Sounds.
Good stuff.  I never thought much about cords last Christmas clearance season.   You can bet I'll be on the lookout for deals this season though!  :)

Steve from NJ, AKA Grumpka Xmas
I don't get on the forums as much as I'd like but you can find me on Facebook. 
2014-First Year in the hobby.  15+ Lynx Express controllers

Offline taybrynn

• RockinChristmas
Cool deal.  It seems like clearance sales are fewer in recent years, maybe the stores just stock less and sell out more. 

But I remember in my last few years of bargain-hunting, I scored some after Christmas clearance deals at Target and Hobby Lobby ... where the 90% off deals often meant 9' or 15' cords for $.30 each ...
Scott - Castle Rock, Colorado   [ 2 homes, 100% RGB in 2016; since 2008; over 32k channels of E1.31 ]
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login