Author Topic: Conquering heights  (Read 936 times)

Offline tjbrickner

Conquering heights
« on: July 08, 2014, »
So last year was interesting because I was nearly hanging from the side of the house hanging the few lights that I got up.  I know I'm afraid of heights and that's always bothered me, especially since I like riding all the roller coasters at Cedar Point.  This year I had a great opportunity at my job to take some tower climbing classes for the company I work for.  I'm now certified to climb and rescue.  I managed to strap a camera to my head and take some good shots.  I'm going to post some pictures in a little bit.
Afraid of heights and I'm still always on the roof...

Offline masterelectrician2112

Re: Conquering heights
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2014, »
Nice!  Glad to hear you conquered that fear.  Tower climbing classes sound really cool!  Last winter, to put icicle lights on my second story gutters, I put on my rock climbing harness and tied myself into a climbing rope that my dad held from the other side of the roof and I sorta walked down to the edge and installed them.  It felt fine, but there were a couple nervous moments.  This year I'm redesigning my system for hanging them so I hopefully won't have to do that.

Disclaimer:
*I am in no way recommending this as a safe practice.  DO NOT TRY THIS AT HOME!  I am not responsible for any injuries received by doing the above*

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Offline tjbrickner

« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2014, »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

This is the first guy tower I've climbed.  Been up a self-supporting tower a few times now and this was interesting.  You have to climb perfectly straight up...

Offline twooly

• Blah
    • Todd Woolums
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2014, »
I always wandered how tiring it was since its not just a straight climb up, yikes no way I could do it.

Offline arw01

« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2014, »

This is the first guy tower I've climbed.  Been up a self-supporting tower a few times now and this was interesting.  You have to climb perfectly straight up...

the come-a-long looking thing in front of you I assume is your safety line and the guy on the ground controls moving it up?

Offline tjbrickner

« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2014, »
That is my safety line but there are no controls on this one.  All manual.