Author Topic: No output on version 2.8.  (Read 2335 times)

Offline jeffcoast

No output on version 2.8.
« on: September 24, 2014, »
Ever since I upgraded to version 2.8 last year I cannot get it to output to my pixelnet dongles. Everything is setup exactly how it was with 2.5 but the test hardware won't work and sequences won't work. It works fine if I use the converter someone posted here to convert the sequences to xlights. Anyone have any clue where to start looking for the problem? It really is a problem to try and sequence when I want to do something a little more complicated than just on/off, and thought maybe someone had an idea.
Jeff Cook
Orlando, FL

Offline twooly

• Blah
    • Todd Woolums
Re: No output on version 2.8.
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2014, »
I would post up on the LSP site, I've seen a couple issues with output but was in a demo version if I remember right.
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline caretaker

« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2014, »
Check to make sure you still have a Registered version. I upgraded and found my license would not work in the latest version of 2.8 so I down graded as I am not going to pay for a minor upgrade.

Ever since I upgraded to version 2.8 last year I cannot get it to output to my pixelnet dongles. Everything is setup exactly how it was with 2.5 but the test hardware won't work and sequences won't work. It works fine if I use the converter someone posted here to convert the sequences to xlights. Anyone have any clue where to start looking for the problem? It really is a problem to try and sequence when I want to do something a little more complicated than just on/off, and thought maybe someone had an idea.
Jeff Squires

Offline IndianaChristmas

• Patron Member
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2014, »
I had the same issue with the PIXELNET/DMX dongle last year.  I ended up using the Etd dongle instead.  On the forums there was an answer provided. I think the problem was you had to define 512 (pixelnet may be 4096) channels even if you didn't use them.

Here is a link:

I hope that helps at least point in the right direction.