Author Topic: I have blinky flashy  (Read 3660 times)

Offline rrowan

• Administrator
Re: I have blinky flashy
« Reply #15 on: May 18, 2009, »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
How about "Go BIG at Home"  ;D

Greg

;D That is it.  I have decided that my show this year only has 2 possible outcomes.  It will be a brilliant success or a miserable failure.  No real middle ground.

Last year I thought my show was a miserable failure. I have high hopes for this year to be a brilliant success :D

Rick R.
Light Animation Hobby - Having fun and Learning at the same time. (21st member of DLA)
Warning SOME assembly required

Offline Greg

« Reply #16 on: May 18, 2009, »

Last year I thought my show was a miserable failure. I have high hopes for this year to be a brilliant success :D

Rick R.

Yeah me too Rick, I told my wife before the season arrived either it'll look okay or extremely tacky and I wasn't sure which it would be.  Turns out I was dead wrong as all the carloads of children singing along ultimately proved and many many people stopped by when I was tearing down afterward to say they really enjoyed it.

Still, I had a hard time accepting the praise and told most I'd try to do better next season.  SO now I'm back to either it'll look okay or extremely tacky this coming season....  :-\

Greg
....  Crazy, Toys in the attic, He is crazy  ....

Offline magic8192

« Reply #17 on: May 19, 2009, »
You guys have me worried. 

I am concerned that I am behind on my display.   :-[

Offline rrowan

• Administrator
« Reply #18 on: May 19, 2009, »

No worries

I am my biggest critic and I enjoy having fun at my own expense.

Last year I didn't have enough channels to do what I wanted so from that aspect it would never look good in my eyes. The neighbors and the kids seems to enjoy the show along with my family and the people that slowed their cars down to almost the speed limit (a major accomplishment in New Jersey LOL)

Have a plan, stick to it. Do lots of practice with the software, to get the effects you are looking for.

Cheers

Rick R.
Light Animation Hobby - Having fun and Learning at the same time. (21st member of DLA)
Warning SOME assembly required

Offline Ron

• Patron Member
« Reply #19 on: May 19, 2009, »

Have a plan, stick to it. Do lots of practice with the software, to get the effects you are looking for.

Cheers

Rick R.

Unless of course RJ comes up with something cool, then all bets are off and we just work like crazy to get the show looking good.  See the Lynx Express last year, lol.

Ron

Offline magic8192

« Reply #20 on: May 19, 2009, »

Cheers

Rick R.

I have a drawing of what my lights will look like, I have all the channels laid out in vixen and I have been working on the light sequence for my first song.  I plan to have 4 songs this year.    My biggest real issue that I have right now is power.  I don't have that all sorted out yet.

Offline Greg

« Reply #21 on: May 19, 2009, »
magic8192,

Last year was my first effort with computer controlled animation.  I had no controllers until the first LE Coop late last year when I ordered 8 LEs which I received November 14th and then had to build.  Fortunately everything came together.  :)

Point being, I did all the planning and sequencing with no controllers just an Excel spreadsheet I made to track the projects, Vixen and its adjustable preview and astonishingly, the show pretty much looked just like the preview only much larger of course... Had to tweak some light intensities after the display was up but other than that everything worked exactly as imagined/planned and the scorched earth plan of shutting it off if it looked bad was averted.

So you're way ahead of where I was last year at this time. You'll do fine!

Greg
....  Crazy, Toys in the attic, He is crazy  ....