Author Topic: How far dose the controller have to be from the string??????????  (Read 1046 times)

Offline grumpy2076

I am working with smart string for the first time this year and would like to know dose the controller have to be close to the first bulb or can it be say three feet from it????????? <rtt..

Smart String             Controller                                                           Hub
    ------!--------!---------!---------!--{==}------------------------------------------------[------]

OR 
                Smart String                                                                                                          Controller                 Hub
    ------!--------!---------!---------!----------------------------------------------------------------------------{==}---------------[-----]
« Last Edit: August 15, 2014, by grumpy2076 »
Hey, it's like that old goat says: Rule 11: It's all just a game, so let loose and have fun with it! I mean, a casualty or two along the way is no big deal, right?

Offline chrisatpsu

• ahhh, yes... my new blink-i-nator 3000!!!
                Smart String             Controller                                                           Hub
    ------!--------!---------!---------!-***-{==}------------------------------------------------[------]

***  keep under 5-6ft  (Your mileage may vary)
To rule the entire tri-state area!  What's that? Perry the Platypus!!!

Offline loveroflife96

• Coop Manager
  • Brandon Christmas 2010
    • My Christmas Display Website
Keep your first node as close as you can to your controller.  Optimal distance is 18" or less if you're running the full 128 nodes.  Distance from the controller to the HUB can be 100'. 

Offline taybrynn

• RockinChristmas
I keep most of mine right next to the display item, if not right on them.   Very close ensures reliability.   Use the cheap cat5 from the ss hub to the ssc to cover the distance needed.
Scott - Castle Rock, Colorado   [ 2 homes, 100% RGB in 2016; since 2008; over 32k channels of E1.31 ]
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline grumpy2076

ok thanks for the help
Hey, it's like that old goat says: Rule 11: It's all just a game, so let loose and have fun with it! I mean, a casualty or two along the way is no big deal, right?