Author Topic: zeus flash chip?  (Read 1373 times)

Offline nutjob

zeus flash chip?
« on: August 27, 2014, »
Being new to this DIY stuff. I must have missed something. Are we to flash each of the pic24F04KA200 chips? I did not see anywhere in the instruction for the Zeus 16 or Zeus 8. I know that something is wrong, because after building the Zeus and running the SSU v2, the color was not the same on all channels. I don't know.
Any help will be great. :(

Offline nutjob

Re: zeus flash chip?
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2014, »
I also have one other problem. The #2 channel does not work at all. When I run the SSU v2 utility all channels flash except #2. I have checked everything on the board. Can't find what is wrong.

Offline tbone321

« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2014, »
Color differences can be cause by incorrect configurations and in some cases, different strings.  Different string types tend to have different color orders and if that;s the case, I would reprogram that channel with a different color order to correct that.  As for the non functional channel, I would remove the Pic and check for bent pins and while it is out, reflash it.  Also check the socket for cold solder joints and check the fuse, it may be blown.  Actually, I would check the fuse first.
If at first you don't succeed,
your not cut out for sky diving

Offline nutjob

« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2014, »
All of the strings are the same. And using the SSU v2 to change a single channel does not work.
2. I have checked the chip, in fact I replaced it with another chip. Still have the same problem
3. I also have a Z 8 that was DOA. Not sure why it does not work. I think one of the voltage regs is not working.

Offline RJ

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2014, »
Can you put a meter on the Z8 to see if the Reg has the proper voltage in and what you have coming out?

Check for solder issues and fuse issues on the string not working on the other as swapping a working chip in that string sure makes it sound like that is where you need to look.

RJ
Innovation beats imitation - and it's more satisfying

Offline elmo2resc

« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2014, »
I had a dead string on mine. It turned out to be one of my water resistant connectors was bad The ones ray sells to connect the strings to the boards. It had a dead lead in it. Not to say that is your problem but try disconnecting the lights from the board and move them to another port to confirm if it is the board or the light string.

Jerome
Jerome