Author Topic: Plugged pixelnet cable to active hub  (Read 6044 times)

Offline PIC

Re: Plugged pixelnet cable to active hub
« Reply #45 on: September 14, 2014, »
Went back to my junk box and found I bought a sscv2.  Did not complete due to no 47ohm resister.  I just now decided what could hut with using a resistor close (56ohm).  Solders up.  Dumped firmware for ssc2 and YES YES blinking lights!!!!!!
Tried universe 1 and 4 so far but both work.
So...my problem must be with the sscv4 boards.  Any ideas on what to check?
164 Channels
2 Ren64, 1 Ren16, 1 Ren24
1- 24 Channel Mega Tree
1- 12 Channel Spiral Tree
Plan to start RGB next year.

Offline tbone321

« Reply #46 on: September 14, 2014, »
Glad to hear it but there still seems to be an issue with the hub not passing the PixelNet signal along on the PixelNet output ports.  The First thing that I would do is reflash the PIC with the Ver4 firmware and make sure that the checksum matches.  Then I would check the output wiring to make sure that it is working.  There were some issues with the 3 pin waterproof connectors not making a connection.  Just do a continuity test on the ends of each wire (red to red ....)to make sure that you are getting a connection across the connector.  Also, ignore the wire color and make sure that the 12V+ on the controller is actually connected to the 12V+ on the string and the same for the Data connection and the ground.  It seems that the color of the wire connected to each pin also tends to change without notice.  Some incorrect connections can actually blow out the PIC as seen from another user but since the string appears to be working with the other controller, you are probably ok there.
If at first you don't succeed,
your not cut out for sky diving

Offline PIC

« Reply #47 on: September 14, 2014, »
Ur right the pixelnet out on hub still not working.  Pressing issue is why does the ssc 4 not work?
As far as ssc v4...confirmed pic chksum (see pict).  Checked connector pins (used a test cable I have with alligator clips see pict).  Checked continuity and They all look good.  Went back to sscv2 ok.  Sscv4 still no good. 
164 Channels
1- 24 Channel Mega Tree

Offline PIC

« Reply #48 on: September 21, 2014, »
Got Blinky on sscv4.  Soldered up a new passive hub and it worked.  Also able to use output to Zeus and it worked.  yay.  Thanks to all for support.  So must be problem with active hub.  Next time I order from mouser I will get replacement ics.  Maybe one of them fried. :(.
164 Channels
1- 24 Channel Mega Tree