Author Topic: Questions  (Read 1407 times)

Offline IndianaChristmas

• Patron Member
Questions
« on: September 10, 2014, »
I must be doing a couple of things wrong and can't figure out why...can you help me? Using version 3.4.12.

I have created an xseq file and am trying to add effects.
In the Nutcracker tab, I have added an effect and then want to turn it off.  This seems to work as planned under Nutcracker tab.  I have learned that I need to actually set a "none effect" in the grid for this to occur however!
Now, when I run the same sequence under the Preview tab, the effect never turns off.  I can change the effect to something else but I can't get it to turn off.  (I have made sure I have saved the file prior to running preview.)

The second issue I have is I have several single strand models.  If I place an effect on one strand it seems to appear on the other strands when I run the sequence under preview.  I have checked and double checked to make sure channels don't over lap. (that doesn't necessarily guarantee it is right however).

I'm sure this is utterly confusing. 

Offline jnealand

• Patron Member
Re: Questions
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2014, »
I'm having strange things also, but I have yet to try to track them down.  I made a test file for my new star and when I go to preview a number of my other elements are playing and I have not added them to the models in the seq and this was a brand new xseq file not one that I had used for something else.  Very strange.  I've never had that happen at all last year.
Jim Nealand
Kennesaw, GA

Offline drlucas

« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2014, »
Is this where you need to do a color wash black to turn off or am I getting confused?
-Ryan Lucas-
- Pickering, Ontario, Canada, Eh?! -

Offline IndianaChristmas

• Patron Member
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2014, »
Didn't think of that.  I just figured you could turn off an effect by selecting none.  Thanks for the tip.

Offline jnealand

• Patron Member
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2014, »
I think I found the my major problem.  Bottom line I crossed a universe boundary and overlapped a couple of channels.  Have not tested other stuff yet.  Trying to get the house ready for weekend guests.
Jim Nealand
Kennesaw, GA

Offline smeighan

• Nutcracker RGB Sequence Builder
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2014, »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Didn't think of that.  I just figured you could turn off an effect by selecting none.  Thanks for the tip.

Color Wash with color BLACK is how you turn off an effect.
An effect of "None,None" tells nutcracker to not create anything. it is used when you imported data from vixen or lor and you want it to be left alone.

Someday i will make a new effect called BLANK or BLACK or something. it is not obvious that acolor wash of BLACK is how to make sure an effect stops
Sean
Littleton, CO
Latest releases You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
xLights/Nutcracker Forum You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Fbook You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline tbone321

« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2014, »
If the purpose is to end an effect, perhaps the best name would be "End Effect".   :)
If at first you don't succeed,
your not cut out for sky diving

Offline IndianaChristmas

• Patron Member
« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2014, »
When you say you crossed a universe boundary, you are referring to a PixelNet Universe(4096) correct?  The other 'universe' I'm aware if is: E1.31 universe (512).

Offline jnealand

• Patron Member
« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2014, »
Yep 4096, was not paying attention as I get back into updating and adding new display elements for the 2014 show.
Jim Nealand
Kennesaw, GA