Author Topic: Ray's New Flex roundup  (Read 1484 times)

Offline johno123

Ray's New Flex roundup
« on: September 14, 2014, »
Alright, alright, alright - yes I know that the only flex nodes supported officially are the ones on the wiki...    8)

BUT

Anyone have any luck with the new flex strips and nodes that he's been posting on the site?

Specifically I'm a little intrigued by some of his new flex strips with pre-made connectors but I assume we'd need to limit the nodes by cutting/sealing:
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

OR these with 4-wire connectors (I assume we just don't connect the clock line):

or the following by chopping off the silly indoor connectors:

Offline tbone321

Re: Ray's New Flex roundup
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2014, »
The black connectors are a different size than the white ones we use so unless you also intend to buy the other end for your controllers as well. what is the advantage?  If you want to experiment than have fun but in these cases, you are pretty much on your own.
If at first you don't succeed,
your not cut out for sky diving

Offline Steve Gase

• WinterLightShow in Georgetown, TX
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2014, »
The WS2811 strips have 3 leds working as one pixel.  The TM1809 allow you to control each led individually. 
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login  |  110K channels, 50K lights  |  Nutcracker, Falcon, DLA, HolidayCoro

Offline johno123

« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2014, »
Alright... I'll waive the white flag.  I was trying to find a way to be a little lazy and use one with premade connectors.   :) 

Offline JonB256

• My website
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2014, »
Just order them with connectors. Tell Ray the length and which connectors. It adds very little to delivery time or price. Saves you the time.

Offline johno123

« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2014, »
Just order them with connectors. Tell Ray the length and which connectors. It adds very little to delivery time or price. Saves you the time.
Great idea - Talked to Ray and he was able to do that with no charge other then the cost of the pigtails.  Great tip!

-John