Hardware > Bobcat DMX Servo Controller

Power Supply questions

(1/4) > >>

drlucas:
I've just finished my build from the last coop (ya, it was a while ago) and put the jumper on single power supply and connect my PS to the right most posts (with the S marked on the board). Nothing happens on the LEDs. I have the LEDs connected with the flat part of them pointing to where they should be so pretty sure polarity was right there. What could be the source of the issue where no LEDs come on? Not enough power? I am using a 5v power supply I got from Ray  - is that going to be enough to power the board even just for simple testing of a single device?

I also have one small servo and still learning which way they go on the board..if I connect it one way nothing happens on the servo motor which I think is better than when I connect it backwards it turns on for a short burst. Probably something I shouldn't do with motors but there is power at least getting to through some parts of the board.

Want to know the basic troubleshooting on that part. I've flashed the pick E33C or something was the checksum, but didn't see any checksum on the wiki to confirm. Let me know if the power is sufficient and what the checksum might be.

Thanks!

packetbob:
The leds don't light excpet for:
green will flash if you have a dmx signal source connected
red will flash if the power source voltage drops (indicating overloading the power supply) below what is aceceptable

The leds don't light when the unit is powered up but no doing anything......

drlucas:
Thanks...i'll go connect a cable and see what I can get working.

packetbob:
I have to learn to spell check before I post......

drlucas:
HA!! I won't hold speeling aginst anywon hear :-)

Now....for my update. Nothing. I reflowed all the connections...I can see the green led on the lynx dongle flash when I try to output a test in xlights  so it's outputting DMX, but don't see any indication that the controller is seeing anything. I'll post up some pics of the board so people can tell me if I put it together wrong. I was following the manual in the wiki which I suppose was for an earlier version.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version