Author Topic: EDM FM Transmitter question.  (Read 2111 times)

Offline lucky2710

EDM FM Transmitter question.
« on: September 21, 2014, »
What is the difference between EDM-LCD-CS and EDM-TX-LCD. Is there a big difference? I've looked throughout there site and i can't find what "TX" is. Anybody have any input on which one is a better buy or performance differences between the two? 

Offline Dennis Cherry

• Maryville, Tennessee
    • Video's of Computerized Lights
Re: EDM FM Transmitter question.
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2014, »
The CS sound quality is not as good as the TX unit according to the specifications.

Its up to you if sound quality is an issue or not.  The TX unit almost is as good in sound quality as you hear on FM radio stations IMHO. Fulls a lot of viewers it is your own transmitter and not a professional radio station.

Good Luck

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
What is the difference between EDM-LCD-CS and EDM-TX-LCD. Is there a big difference? I've looked throughout there site and i can't find what "TX" is. Anybody have any input on which one is a better buy or performance differences between the two?
2013 videos now available You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline holland lights

• holland lights
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2014, »
Yea after putting a compressor before the input of my EDM-TX-LCD; the sound is really good and i have it at about the same volume as the local radio stations.

Offline lucky2710

« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2014, »
Yea after putting a compressor before the input of my EDM-TX-LCD; the sound is really good and i have it at about the same volume as the local radio stations

Compressor???

Offline Dennis Cherry

• Maryville, Tennessee
    • Video's of Computerized Lights
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2014, »
Some users like to enhance the music more, but really not necessary, the EDM sound output is really acceptable as is, just make sure to quality of your audio is good and you will be fine. Remember "GIGO". Garbage In Garbage Out.

Yea after putting a compressor before the input of my EDM-TX-LCD; the sound is really good and i have it at about the same volume as the local radio stations

Compressor???
2013 videos now available You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline WinchesterXmas

« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2014, »
I need a radio transmitter too. Is there any special hook up needed besides what comes in this kit?

Offline mms

• Like us on Facebook for special content and year-round updates.
« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2014, »

Compressor???

Compression is used by all radio stations to equalize volumes.  It's also why TV commercials are louder than the shows.  Essentially it amplifies quiet parts to be the same as the loud parts.  I use compression and other processing on all of my audio - but that's because I work in the industry.
Like us on Facebook for special content and year-round updates: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Voice-over Inquiries:  You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline LtKadeo

« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2014, »
The Black Box V6000 FM Transmitter has been working good for me - just take out of the box and is ready to go....
Ted K