Author Topic: Colors Off  (Read 4241 times)

Offline twooly

• Blah
    • Todd Woolums
Colors Off
« on: September 23, 2014, »
I've got a strange problem I can't figure out.  When I play a test sequence from vixen and xlights to an etherdongle the colors look ok and what I want.  But when I take the same sequence and convert it for the panther the colors are off and not sure why.

Attached are all the files (xlights/vixen/panter)

Any help would be appreciated.

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline tbone321

Re: Colors Off
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2014, »
What exactly does "off" mean?  Is the color wrong, different shade, brightness.....  Perhaps a few pics may be helpful. 
If at first you don't succeed,
your not cut out for sky diving

Offline twooly

• Blah
    • Todd Woolums
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2014, »
Wrong color.  I've selected white/yellow/orange.  I'm seeing white/light blue/dark blue

Offline tbone321

« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2014, »
That sounds like it lost a channel and is sending the wrong combination of commands to each node.  Try sending a string that sets each node to one of the base colors Red, Blue, Green, to a group of nodes and see if they appear as the colors you expected. 

Offline TexasStingray

« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2014, »
I ran the converter and it produced the same code for the SEQ file that you provided. Can you upload a video somewhere that can be viewed so we can see visually what the issue is. It appears to be converting the vix correctly however I not sure what you are expecting.
Scott Wanner
TX

Watch my videos

Offline twooly

• Blah
    • Todd Woolums
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2014, »
Yep I can tonight if the rain stops.

Offline twooly

• Blah
    • Todd Woolums
« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2014, »
Hopefully this gives you the idea.

For the first 2 tests I'm going from xlights to etherdongle to ssc to lights (same lights I use in my outside lights)

From xlights (just turned the brightness down so you can see the colors)

From vixen after converting the xlights sequences to .vix

Now this is the same lights (1809 as used above)  Only difference is output is from the panther to a dmx to pixel converter.

And just to note this setup has worked great since March, I changed the colors around a few times (to go with the seasons) without issue until now.

Offline tbone321

« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2014, »
The first two tests are using a strip and the last is using a pixel.  Pixels have a different RGB order than strips so if you used exactly the same sequence, the colors will be different.

Offline twooly

• Blah
    • Todd Woolums
« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2014, »
As noted they are all  the same type of pixels, its not a strip in the first 2 its pixels in pvc.

Offline tbone321

« Reply #9 on: September 24, 2014, »
Then I would suggest that you run all three of your tests on the SAME string of lights. Using a different string with the Panther just add another variable into the mix.  There could be an issue with a node in the outside string and using the same string for all tests removes this variable.  If the Panther has the same issue with the string that is working with the ETD and SSC, then it is confirmed that the issue is the Panther but if the Panther performs correctly with the inside string, then the issue is somewhere in the outside string.

Offline TexasStingray

« Reply #10 on: September 24, 2014, »
Ok,

how is the SSC programmed with the SSC Utility?

what is the start address # of the SSC?

How many nodes are in the light being feed by the DMX to Pixelnet converter being fed by the panther?

can you feed the signal comming from the panther to the DMX Converter to the nodes on the PCV, this is an apples to apples test?
« Last Edit: September 24, 2014, by TexasStingray »
Scott Wanner
TX

Watch my videos

Offline twooly

• Blah
    • Todd Woolums
« Reply #11 on: September 24, 2014, »
Problem solved, thanks for the help guys.  So as suggested by tbone, I took a string of lights outside and hooked it up the same as the outside ones, I then fed the dmx from the etherdongle/hub and thats where I saw the problem.  For some reason the nodes hooked up to the dmx to pixel decoder they are BGR instead of RGB like if used on the SSC.  Fixed that up in software and its all good.  Just strange I've never seen it until now, guess I've just been lucky with the colors I choose or something.

Thank you.