Author Topic: pixelnet dongle with zues  (Read 3776 times)

Offline tombmatt

pixelnet dongle with zues
« on: September 25, 2014, »
have dmx dongle flashed for pixelnet. have zues utility. used utility to flash zues have white lites. using vixen 2.1 when use test lights I get 1 fliker on green led on dongle and if I click on a channel it flashes (the green led on dongle) with mouse click but no lites. will the dongle run zues boards?

Offline jnealand

• Patron Member
Re: pixelnet dongle with zues
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2014, »
i have not tried a USB dongle with a zeus, but my USB dongle flashed for pixelnet has worked on everything else I've tried.  Is the zeus set for a different universe than the dongle?  You only get one pixelnet universe from the USB dongle.
Jim Nealand
Kennesaw, GA

Offline tombmatt

« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2014, »
the zues is set for universe 1 like I said when I used the utility I get lights, but vix 2.1 or x lights I get the green led to flash on the dongle but no lights and in vixen I only get the green led to light when I click on and off a channel in the test lights box.

Offline tbone321

« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2014, »
It sounds like a configuration issue with Vixen.  Do you have any other PixelNet devices that you can test the dongle with?
If at first you don't succeed,
your not cut out for sky diving

Offline tombmatt

« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2014, »
no just the zues but I did get it to work with xlight/nutcracker so it has to be vixen 

Offline naveentera

« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2015, »
Did anyone try Vixen 3 or Xlights for Zeus 16 and USB dongle ? I am a newbie to this lighting stuff. I currently have Zeus16 and USB dongle with me. I tried to use Vixen3 but I donot find appropriate controller (on the software) listed for my applicaiton. I tried to use  Streaming ACN E.31 but it didnt work.  Then I tried Xlights, however all the strings on my controller are exactly same. In other words, when the first node flashes green on string 1, all the first nodes of rest of the 15 strings flash green. Basically, this is what I have done so far:
1) setup the USB dongle for pixelnet with appropriate drivers
2) Setup the Zeus using Zeus utility - When I did that all the nodes were blinking white.
3) tried Vixen3, but couldnt figure out what kind of controller I need to select. Vixen3 doesnt have Pixelnet controller or Zeus16 listed.
4) Switched to Xlights/nutcracker and able to setup communication (able to light the nodes). However, all the channels are exactly same. I mean all hte strings are lighting exactly the same. The preview picture on software is correct, however the output of Zeus is exactly same on all strings..

Any help on this topic is greatly appreciated. Thanks so much.

Offline CaptainMurdoch

« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2015, »
It sounds like your start channels for the Zeus outputs are all set the same.  Have you tried reconfiguring it?