Author Topic: need a board  (Read 2699 times)

Offline tombmatt

need a board
« on: September 27, 2014, »
can anyone order a board from the manufacturer coop didn''t run and none in store and no one evidently has one to spare. just asking

Offline tbone321

Re: need a board
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2014, »
There is no "manufacturer" so to speak.  RJ has designed the board and it is not in the public domain.  He orders them and has the two surface mount chips installed as needed when the coop completes.  On occasion, he may order a few extras but since this is at his expense, I can see why there are none in the store at this point.  Unless you believe that you will NEED more than 4096 channels this season, you can also go with the USB dongle and flash it for PixelNet.  Then next year, you can jump into the next ETD coop and use the USB dongle for bench testing and controller configuration.
If at first you don't succeed,
your not cut out for sky diving

Offline tombmatt

« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2014, »
have the dongle that I bought when the etherdongle coop failed to attract enough buyers I'm the one posting with the dongle vixen no lights problem. have posted in dmx dongle and zues forums. xlights/nutcracker works now vixen doesn't but I still have to have a program that I can build shows with getting 4096 channels into vixen 2 is rather slow.

Offline tombmatt

« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2014, »
at this point I would almost pay for a single board to be manufactured

Offline CaptainMurdoch

« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2014, »
You can always use xLights to play the show if the USB dongle works with that.  Sequence in whatever sequencer you choose (even vixen 3 now) and then playback in xLights.

Offline Steve Gase

• WinterLightShow in Georgetown, TX
« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2014, »
yes, the USB dongle can be used with xlights. 
The USB dongle generates one pixelnet or one dmx universe (4096 channels, or 512 channels).

you can combine USB dongles to get even more channels...
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login  |  110K channels, 50K lights  |  Nutcracker, Falcon, DLA, HolidayCoro

Offline CaptainMurdoch

« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2014, »
I meant "if you have the USB dongle working with that."  :)  I use xLights with both my USB and ether dongles all the time.  He already said he has it working with xLights so I was just pointing out that he doesn't have to use the same program to sequence and to play.

You may want to check out vixen+ if you like vixen 2, but I don't know if vixen+ supports the USB dongle, I have never tried.

Offline tombmatt

« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2014, »
I had 2 and have several songs already programed from previous years. bought the zues and smart strings to upgrade have reprogramed in vixen 3 about half of my songs, was planning on a etherdongle to run the zues and the dmx side but the coop didn't get enough buyers. picked up another dongle to run both sides but getting the songs back down to 2 with the 4000 channels is going to be problematic. if it was in vix 2 no problem just port them over but 3 doesn't port to xlights. will keep plugging at programing and will wait till next year and hope to get a etherdongel then.  thanks

Offline CaptainMurdoch

« Reply #8 on: September 28, 2014, »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
I had 2 and have several songs already programed from previous years. bought the zues and smart strings to upgrade have reprogramed in vixen 3 about half of my songs, was planning on a etherdongle to run the zues and the dmx side but the coop didn't get enough buyers. picked up another dongle to run both sides but getting the songs back down to 2 with the 4000 channels is going to be problematic. if it was in vix 2 no problem just port them over but 3 doesn't port to xlights. will keep plugging at programing and will wait till next year and hope to get a etherdongel then.  thanks

You need to update your Vixen3 version.  The latest version of Vixen 3 now has two different ways to get data into xLights:

1) Export the Vixen3 sequence as a Vixen2 sequence and use xLights to convert to .xseq for xLights/Nutcracker use.

2) Export the Vixen3 sequence as a Falcon Player (.fseq) sequence and use xLights to convert to .xseq for xLights/Nutcracker use.

Offline tombmatt

« Reply #9 on: September 28, 2014, »
tried the export to vixen it came out blank

Offline CaptainMurdoch

« Reply #10 on: September 28, 2014, »
I think you need to setup your maps, I can't recall and haven't done it myself. There have been some discussions over on diychristmas.org on it so you should check over there.

Edit: They are patches, not maps. :) and here's a link to the original announcement which mentions it: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2014, by CaptainMurdoch »