Author Topic: An open 'Thank-You' to RJ and all of the COOP managers  (Read 1916 times)

Offline Murl

I've been a member here for just under 6 months, and it's amazing to me how much DLA has grown and evolved in that short amount of time.  The success hasn't been by chance.  It's due to the hard work and countless hours donated by RJ, JJ, the COOP managers, Rick the Wiki master, and all of the other forum regulars who are always quick to help and slow to criticize.  Sometimes it's easy to forget the work that goes into this stuff.

For example, I'm a member of the Freestyle / SSR COOP.  Just to put things into perspective, I did some quick calculations, and this single COOP involves somewhere in the neighborhood of 20,462 individual parts that have to be ordered, tracked, sorted, packaged and distributed to nearly 50 different people...  which is all done (at cost) by a volunteer in his free time to help us all get a good deal.  (Todd, if you're reading this - any time between now and Christmas 2010 is fine with me, buddy.)

That's just one COOP.  Right now, there are no less than 7 COOPS in various stages of progress.  Each one containing quality products designed and developed by RJ for our benefit, and supported by the best tech support group in the business.

So, at the risk of inflating a few egos, I just wanted to say THANKS!  I'm sure others will agree that your efforts are greatly apprectiated.

Offline tlh

• Patron Member
Well said!  Could not agree more.
Terry

Offline rrowan

• Administrator
Hi Murl

Thank you for a very nice post.

The coop managers work very hard to secure the best prices they can from the suppliers. The work countless hours sorting, packaging, shipping, etc. They have to purchase extra items like plastic bags for the parts, static foam, static bags, bubble wrap, boxes so there is a lot that goes on that very people realize. While I have not done a coop for dla in my other hobby (model trains) I have made kits up for a steam engine and passenger cars. So I have some idea what these guys do.

Cheers

Rick R.
Light Animation Hobby - Having fun and Learning at the same time. (21st member of DLA)
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Warning SOME assembly required

Offline wjgiles50

To all of you that make this group work

A thousand Thank Yous

Bill

Offline smartcontrols

• Coop Manager
Well said and I could not agree more.

I take my hat off to anybody that can deal with just that many pay pal transactions all done differently and still be able to get it right.
And I hate to imagine the number of PMs they must get asking them questions.

There is no way that I could possibly say thank you enough to ALL the coop managers that volunteer to take time away from their own show, just to make my show , easier, faster, better and cheaper.

To ALL coop managers THANK YOU for your hard work!!!

The kids in my town will appreciate it in December.

Jeff

Offline Ron

• Patron Member
Well said.  Thank you for taking the time to post.

I'll add my thanks to all the coop managers as well.

Ron

Offline ThaiWay

• Patron Member
  • 1500 C9's are not [i]green[/i]!
and my most sincere thanks too...

Every coop manager I've dealt with has gone above and beyond to help me, especially with all my special circumstances.  Much appreciation!

John
Chok Dee! (Thai "good luck" greeting)
John

Unofficial 220V 50Hz Beta Tester

Offline memphislights

thanks from me as well.

But we should not forget JJ, and the countless husbands, wives, kids, and miscellaneous family and pets, friends, breakfast cereals, sloths, orangutans, antelopes, etc. etc, that gave up their coop manager for a time.

;D
It's not about more, it's about enough.

Offline WWNF911

• Patron Member
Thanks from me as well.

All out of gas after posting about same on another thread.  LOL

Think I'll leave it at that so as not to sound like a broken record.  :)

Leon

Leon

Offline magic8192

I want to say thanks too! 

Offline Cobergas

There is also another side of the story that some people may not know. the fact that RJ and some of the moderators travel to different state's mini conventions and put on a seminar to teach people or convert people to DLA. If it where not for RJ and his presentation and patience in answering the questions at a mini he recently attended I would not have found this wonderful community. Everyone is so helpful and understanding and patient it is unbelievable. I would do anything for the guys if I could because of their kindness.