Author Topic: What to do after accidentally plugging aether to 110v  (Read 5142 times)

Offline caretaker

Re: What to do after accidentally plugging aether to 110v
« Reply #15 on: October 15, 2014, »
Ok for the Aether II that comes on white you need to first check the 3.3v regulator to make sure it is putting out 3.3 volts. If it is then you need to try reprogramming your PIC, or you may have to replace it. Simply when you turn on the Aether II the PIC is supposed to send 3.3 volts to all four LM2941 to turn them off.  You can check out this post for some troubleshooting: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
« Last Edit: October 24, 2014, by caretaker »
Jeff Squires
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline salongaopm

« Reply #16 on: October 16, 2014, »
I check the 3.3v regulator and it is putting out 3.3 volts. You mentioned programming the PIC, does it means programing the start channel or flashing it using pickit? If programming the start channel, can it be done using an etherdongle? I currently don't have a usb dongle that is why I am asking.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2014, by salongaopm »

Offline bisquit476

• Patron Member
« Reply #17 on: October 16, 2014, »
Yes, you will need a Pickit2 or 3 to flash the pic. Neither ED or USB dongles will work.

Offline salongaopm

« Reply #18 on: October 22, 2014, »
I got one fixed... replaced blown fuse, burnt st485 and reflash and reprogram start channel of pic. Working okay now. one down two more to go.

I checked the reading of the second aether got the following:

LD33V
input=3.3 output=1.66 (BAD?)

input=13.27 output=4.97  (OK?)

input= 13.33 output=11.39 (OK?)

I replaced the fuse, st485 and pic already. All the response I got from the aether is a short burst of white when plugging it in. Not responding to test sequence. I will try to replace the ld33v and see if it fix it. Any other parts that I should check? Are the reading for 7805 and 7812 ok?

Offline salongaopm

« Reply #19 on: October 22, 2014, »
I replaced LD33V but I am still getting 1.66 output and aether is not responding to a test sequence. Any suggestions?

Offline tbone321

« Reply #20 on: October 23, 2014, »
You are getting that output voltage because your input voltage is WAY too low.  You should be seeing around 5V on the input of the LD33V.  Is the regulator getting hot? 
If at first you don't succeed,
your not cut out for sky diving

Offline rmp2917

• Coop Manager
« Reply #21 on: October 23, 2014, »
Are you sure you are measuring the right pins on the LD33V for the input and output? They are not the same as the other two regulators. If you measure between Vin and Vout, you will get 1.7V which looks like what you are reading for the output.

Offline rmp2917

• Coop Manager
« Reply #22 on: October 23, 2014, »
Assuming your voltages are OK. Can you take the pic and ST485 chip from the working Aether and try them in non-working one.

Or it might be safer if you take the chips from the non working Aether and try them in the working one.

This will at least eliminate those 2 components.

Offline salongaopm

« Reply #23 on: October 23, 2014, »
it seems that the replacement pic is also bad. after replacing the pic again, it started working properly.  fixed two...one more to go.