Author Topic: Zeus distance to first node, wire size, node quantity survey /inquiry.  (Read 1050 times)

Offline elmo2resc

I was curious to what people are achieving out of their Zeus's

Distance to first node and wire used.
Distance between null nodes.
Total node counts and length to last node.

I currently have 6' before my first node using rays three wire cord and his water resistant disconnect plugs. My total nodes are 126 per string.

With this layout I was pretty sure I wouldn't have any problems. My nodes are nice and bright to the last one and respond well.

I was wondering what people are getting out of their setup when they push the limits.

Jerome
Jerome

Offline Steve Gase

• WinterLightShow in Georgetown, TX
I put together this wiki page last year to answer those very questions.

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

The data comes from wiki postings, info from RJ, and my own experience.

The data is conservative, it does not list the optimal distances, but normal conditions.

The page also covers common factors that impact distance... the type of wire used, etc.

To anyone: If you have better data, please update the wiki.
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login  |  110K channels, 50K lights  |  Nutcracker, Falcon, DLA, HolidayCoro

Offline elmo2resc

That is great information but for the life of me I couldn't find it. I still can't unless I click your link. Maybe if there was a link to it with the Zeus build info?

Jerome
Jerome

Offline Steve Gase

• WinterLightShow in Georgetown, TX
The link is found with the list of controllers:

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

I just added the same link to be found above the Zeus info as well.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2014, by Steve Gase »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login  |  110K channels, 50K lights  |  Nutcracker, Falcon, DLA, HolidayCoro

Offline elmo2resc

Ok, now I see it there now. It kind of hides there with all that is happening on the page. I went over that page many times and couldn't find it. Thanks
Jerome