Author Topic: Xlights lag  (Read 1697 times)

Offline cody33rd

Xlights lag
« on: October 17, 2014, »
Two seasons ago Xlights saved my show.  I was getting constant com port errors and show shutdown from the Vixen Scheduler.  I loaded Xlights and I had zero problems the rest of the season.  The Last year Xlights for some reason or another picked up a slight lag.  The timing and music just didn't quite line up.  I ran the show last year with the Vixen Scheduler and had no problems with it.  Go figure.  This year I am having to reset Vixen a lot with my Halloween show.   So I decided to download Xlights again.  I still have the slight lag with the current Xlights version.  I was wondering if anyone else has experienced this lag and were able to fix it.  My setup uses 1 Lynx Dongle and 9 Lynx expresses.  I don't have any RGB.  Any help is appreciated.
Springville Utah

Offline smeighan

• Patron Member
    • Nutcracker RGB Sequence Builder
Re: Xlights lag
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2014, »
In 2012 I ran my show with xlights and an etherdongle. In 2013 I ran my show with the falcon pi player . I had no lag. I will use the fpp again this year. I have not heard of lag from xlights users but many are just starting now
Sean
Littleton, CO
Latest releases You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
xLights/Nutcracker Forum You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Fbook You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline tbone321

« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2014, »
You may want to take a look and see what else may be running on that machine.  Show machines need to run pretty much clean.
If at first you don't succeed,
your not cut out for sky diving

Offline Steve Gase

• WinterLightShow in Georgetown, TX
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2014, »
+1 on making sure that your computer is not the problem.  check task manager to be sure that something is not running on your machine that consumes noticeible CPU.

Do you run the visualizer at the same time?  That might slow down xlights on a system with a less-than-great graphics card.

144 channels is not much at all... i use xlights in my shop to run 32000 channels without lag -- but I also use the network/E1.31 and EtherDongle to drive the lights. 

What about refresh rate for the show?  50ms is the recommended rate.
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login  |  110K channels, 50K lights  |  Nutcracker, Falcon, DLA, HolidayCoro

Offline caretaker

« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2014, »
To make sure your are using this release: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login  3.4.18 which is the latest.

Jeff Squires
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login