Author Topic: New Release 3.4.22; New Effect Shimmer  (Read 998 times)

Offline smeighan

• Nutcracker RGB Sequence Builder
New Release 3.4.22; New Effect Shimmer
« on: October 23, 2014, »
This release adds a new effect class, Shimmer.
Shimmer is a square wave effect that effects all of the nodes.
There are 4 controls, only the first two work now.
1) Duty Factor slider
2) Use All Colors
3) Use Blink Timing
4) Blinks per Row

1) The Square wave will default to 50% on and then 50% off. If you move the first slider you can change this so that there is just a small on and large off
OR you can slide the slider all the way to the right and there will only be ON, no OFF.
Since the effect does use the 6 Palettes that you can pick, if you have two colors the square will alternate between the colors, One color after the other.
2) Use All Colors, if clicked, Will not cycle through your colors but instead randomly pick those colors and display them. Dont know if this is useful, thought i would through it in.
3) Use Blink Timing is not implemented yet. I should have it by this weekend. This option will disable the speed slider that 1) and 2) use above and instead calculate the number
of blinks by looking at the time on the current row and the next row below it.
4) Blinks per row will be used if (3) is checked.

XLIGHTS/NUTCRACKER RELEASE NOTES:
=================================
   -enh (sean) Added new effect class "Shimmer". This effect is basically a square wave, it turns all lights on and then all
      lights off.
   -enh (sean) Removed FACES, COROFACES and PINWHEEL from the "Create Random Effects" button
   -enh (djulien) Change Pgo "auto fade element" to "auto rest" (not functional yet), leave initial Pgo Preset cleared for stitch
Sean
Littleton, CO
Latest releases You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
xLights/Nutcracker Forum You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Fbook You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline taybrynn

• RockinChristmas
Re: New Release 3.4.22; New Effect Shimmer
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2014, »
Thanks Sean !!

I just started messing around with this release.  I noticed I'm getting crashes when using the glediator effect now.  Sometimes it works for a while, then crashes ... other times it crashes right away when I use that effect.

The shimmer is interesting.  I can't wait to see how it turns out, but looks promising!
Scott - Castle Rock, Colorado   [ 2 homes, 100% RGB in 2016; since 2008; over 32k channels of E1.31 ]
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline smeighan

• Nutcracker RGB Sequence Builder
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2014, »
Thanks Sean !!

I just started messing around with this release.  I noticed I'm getting crashes when using the glediator effect now.  Sometimes it works for a while, then crashes ... other times it crashes right away when I use that effect.

The shimmer is interesting.  I can't wait to see how it turns out, but looks promising!

can you send me the gled file you are using? send it to my email at You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login. ill see if i can duplicate teh crash
Sean
Littleton, CO
Latest releases You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
xLights/Nutcracker Forum You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Fbook You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline taybrynn

• RockinChristmas
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2014, »
I sent you the .gled file I was having the crash with.  I'm getting a little window just before the error.

Just now I noticed that its working on other models -- a 32x32 matrix, a 96x12 matrix no problem.

So I went to open the 48x32 matrix model ... and it threw the attached error screen then, then locked up xlights ...
eventually it crashed.

I also attached my xlights_rgbeffects.xml which I believe contains my models.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2014, by taybrynn »
Scott - Castle Rock, Colorado   [ 2 homes, 100% RGB in 2016; since 2008; over 32k channels of E1.31 ]