Author Topic: To light or not to light b4 thanksgiving and 2014 Videos  (Read 748 times)

Offline kiplorenzo

Hi All,

So I am wondering if anyone turns on the lights a bit before thanksgiving? A Lot of work for  5 weeks of a show. Thoughts Please?

Also a couple of new videos are up for 2014. Anything that has 2014 in the title is this year. I also increased the channel count from 16 channels last year to 1600 this year. The grid that I am building (kinda like lawn lights- Cept I call them Kaleidalights) did not make it into this years show. However, Next year we have all the items already purchased to add to next year... 2 6' tall twinkling castles and 2 Eiffel Towers. You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Too many projects for this hobby, but still love it. :)

Kip
« Last Edit: October 26, 2014, by kiplorenzo »

Offline smeighan

• Patron Member
    • Nutcracker RGB Sequence Builder
i start the day after thanksgiving and go to around jan 10th
Sean
Littleton, CO
Latest releases You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
xLights/Nutcracker Forum You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Fbook You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline cody33rd

+1 starting on the day after Thanksgiving.  I stop after New Years night.  IMO if you start  your show too early it gets stale for anyone driving by.  It's like seeing political signs in July, too soon.
Springville Utah

Offline jnealand

• Patron Member
I put all the lights up on my house in October (already up this year).  But they are all RGB and I turn them on using mostly orange and purple colors for a couple of nights.  That serves two purposes.  1.  The lights on the house are done for the Christmas show and 2. The electronics and the radio station are all tested.  What is left is to put the yard stuff out, but not until the dratted leaf blizzard has been cleared a couple of times.  There is also kind of a 3rd benefit in that I can now test a good chunk of my Christmas show live.
Jim Nealand
Kennesaw, GA

Offline mms

• Like us on Facebook for special content and year-round updates.
I start my Christmas show the Saturday after Thanksgiving that way I can make any last minute adjustments during my "time off".  The beautiful thing about doing a Halloween show is that my arches and window frames are already in place and it's just a matter of assembling my mega tree and putting other small Christmas-related things out (I start that process in early November.)  Luckily the weather here in Colorado has been very light-friendly this year!
Like us on Facebook for special content and year-round updates: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Voice-over Inquiries:  You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline barbotte

my show goes on the 15 november ,, by then we should have snow on the ground ,,, cheer