Author Topic: very basic question and I'm afraid of the answer!  (Read 1042 times)

Offline IndianaChristmas

• Patron Member
If I need more than 4 universes  of Pixelnet data I need 2 EtDs?

Offline Steve Gase

• WinterLightShow in Georgetown, TX
Re: very basic question and I'm afraid of the answer!
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2014, »
yes.

5 universes can be done with (2) EtDs...  or (1)EtD and (1) USB pixelnet dongle. 

from your question, I assume that you are using more than 16,384 channels.  that is why you'd need 5 (or more universes)

just another thought:
if you can mirror channels -- have a row of candy canes that play an identical pattern of lights, you could have each of the candy canes share the same channel assignment...

ie.  each cane might have 50 pixels (and 150) channels.  if you had 50 canes, then you'd have 50x150 channels= 5250 channels.   BUT if you had each candy cane use the same pattern of lights, you could make due with 150 channels -- listened to by each SSC (or falcon string).
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login  |  110K channels, 50K lights  |  Nutcracker, Falcon, DLA, HolidayCoro

Offline IndianaChristmas

• Patron Member
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2014, »
That is what I was afraid of.  I'm down a EtD.  Working on solution!
Plenty of time until lights need to blink!
Thanks

Offline tbone321

« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2014, »
Exactly how many channels are you planning on using?
If at first you don't succeed,
your not cut out for sky diving

Offline taybrynn

• RockinChristmas
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2014, »
And FYI --  if/when you acquire a second Etherdongle (ED) ... it will need to be flashed with the firmware for the second set of universes, PN univ#5,6,7,8 ... which is slightly different from the firmware most use for the first four PN universes.
Scott - Castle Rock, Colorado   [ 2 homes, 100% RGB in 2016; since 2008; over 32k channels of E1.31 ]
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login