Author Topic: Another Channel Set Question  (Read 872 times)

Offline IndianaChristmas

• Patron Member
Another Channel Set Question
« on: November 02, 2014, »
By now with 3 posts in a very short time you have probably figured out, I'm learning!
Better now than the day before lights go up.

This year I expanded my show beyond one universe!
I can get my lights flashing the way I want as long as I stay in one universe.
I'm guessing I have a channel issue but here is my problem

I have ETD running and plugged.  Works well.

I want to use Pixelnet Universe #4.

I set the jumpers for the Pixelnet Universe to 4 and 4 on my active hub.

Jumper on V4 SSC is set to program.  I set the start channel on my SSC to 12289 (the third universe will end at 12288 by my calculation) and got lights to flash using the Smart String Utility. 

I remove program jumper on SSC.

I go into Xlights to test.
I turn on Channels 12289, 12290 and 12291, thinking I will see my first node on my string turn on....I don't.  dang!

What I get is the first four nodes are dark (and can't be controlled).  The 5 and 6th nodes are on but different shades of pink and can't be controlled (even if I mess with lesser channel numbers).  The 7th node is behaving like I would expect my 1st phyical node to be, I can manpulpate that node perfectly.  In fact, it appears I can manipulate 7-128 nodes perfectly well.  What might I have done wrong to not start at my first physical node?

Offline tbone321

Re: Another Channel Set Question
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2014, »
The one thing that you need to remember is that a PixelNet universe only consists of 4096 channels.  The reason for universes is so that we can go above this limit.  This keeps the controller channel starting address and ending address below the maximum channel number.  Because of this, you cannot program you controllers to a value above 4096.  If you could do this, there would be no need for separate universes.  If you are using starting channel number 12289 in your sequencing software, then the controller needs to be set to channel 1 since 12289 is the FIRST channel on universe 4. 
If at first you don't succeed,
your not cut out for sky diving

Offline mitch09

« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2014, »
I second what tbone said. I figured this out last year :) had to go back and make sure my SSC were only programmed with channels 1-4096 no matter what universe I was using

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline jnealand

• Patron Member
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2014, »
Also as a best practice I always do my SSC and other device configuring while the etd is set to universe 1.
Jim Nealand
Kennesaw, GA