Author Topic: Windows XP help  (Read 1603 times)

Offline rrawlings

Windows XP help
« on: November 21, 2014, »
Please toss me a life preserver. We are hoping to use an older XP system kicking around the house to run our show. I am up against a time crunch as I am leaving the country on business for 2 weeks. My college age son has tried to get the drivers onto the computer to operate the dongle with no success. I hope to have it running by no later than Saturday night. We are doing a lights only display this first year since I was too slow getting an FM transmitter. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Time got away from me

Offline rrowan

• Administrator
Re: Windows XP help
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2014, »
Just to be sure.

You did follow the instructions in the wiki?
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Rick R.
Light Animation Hobby - Having fun and Learning at the same time. (21st member of DLA)
Warning SOME assembly required

Offline rrawlings

« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2014, »
Yes he has. He has successfully gotten the drivers set up onto his laptop with windows 7, but he will not be able to dedicate that one to the show as it goes to classes with him each day. The link for the drivers is dead and we are having troubles with the FTDI driver install for the earlier windows systems

Offline rrowan

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2014, »
Ok,

I found my Laptop with Windows XP on it. The attach file should work for you. I know at one time I controlled the lights with this laptop.

If other people need it, I can add it to the wiki.

Rick R.
Light Animation Hobby - Having fun and Learning at the same time. (21st member of DLA)
Warning SOME assembly required