Author Topic: LSP 2.8 Updates ???  (Read 2618 times)

Offline wftxlites

LSP 2.8 Updates ???
« on: November 09, 2014, »
I was looking at LSP Forums and read where it appears no rewrite until 2015.  I did find an update sequencer and scheduler set of files for 2.8 dated 9/1/2014. What I did not find is this updated listed in the change log. I am very skeptical this late in the season to try these files.  Especially, since I ran my V2.8 last years without problems.

Has anyone more info?

Thanks,

Greg

Offline tbone321

Re: LSP 2.8 Updates ???
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2014, »
I would be careful of licensing issues when upgrading LSP.  If what you have is doing what you need it to do, I would leave it alone.  As they say, if it ain't broke .....
If at first you don't succeed,
your not cut out for sky diving

Offline MrChristmas2000

« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2014, »
The 'UPDATE' does not buy you anything. It was to fix supposedly some people that was supposedly having license authorization issues.

There is nothing in the last release of LSP that would warrant changing what you have.

There WILL NOT BE ANY updates to 2.8 that are of any value this year.

As Murphy loves to visit when you least expect it. If it worked last year I would NOT tempt fate this year.

Offline wftxlites

« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2014, »
Amen... Guys.... Don't fix it.

I was just curious. It seems a little silent over on the LSP front since Minleon bought them. I know a lot of folks over here are doing their own thing and some not too fond of LSP because of issues they have had.

Myself have not had too many problems and have received free upgrades.

I'm good for the time. I just wished they could get the product to be more robust.

So, much for my ramblings,

Greg

Offline arw01

« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2014, »
I have issues with a new 2.8 license install on a 8.1 windows machine, so I have my older licence on my laptop and no issues.

There was a enhancement to a macro issued the other day on the Facebook group, another option for the rotate macro.  Most of the action is over on the Facebook group now instead of the forum.  The developers are not too active on the forum now with the support@lightshowpro being their preferred method.

No official updates on the rewrite just some rumors and between the lines reading.

There are a few neat macro combinations up on my site (google lsp macro cookbook) and if you came up with any others that are neat links I would be happy to add them.  I found it hard to remember exactly how I did something 2 sequences and weeks later so made the cookbook to make it easier to share and re-create them.

The other hobbist software out there is still chasing abilities LSP had for years, anxious to see what they cook up for version 3!