Author Topic: Communication Issue?  (Read 1515 times)

Offline wbottomley

• High Country Lights
Communication Issue?
« on: November 11, 2014, »
I have three express controllers causing a bit of a headache (1, 2, 5).  They aren't responding to any commands though data is being passed through to other units and start channel is set correctly. Would this be a comm chip issue?
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login | You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login | You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login | You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline duane.mosley

• hearthstonelights.com
Re: Communication Issue?
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2014, »
have you reset them? have you changed anything in your sequencing profiles? does the data light come on? 3.3v light? 5 v light? do all the leds respond when you run a test on the express? is the program jumper removed? start with those items and if those all check out, I would reflash the pics
« Last Edit: November 11, 2014, by duane.mosley »
Florence, KY

facebook.com/hearthstonelights

Offline Jeffl

• Just remember. Wireless is nice. Copper is king!
    • Christmas In Brandon
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2014, »
I would re flash the PIC to start.

Offline wbottomley

• High Country Lights
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2014, »
Reset done, no sequencing changes, 3.3V & 5V lights are on, they respond to all board tests, jumpers correctly set, pics - will have to reflash.  I'm swapping out comm chips first before taking unit back home to reflash.
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login | You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login | You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login | You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline Jeffl

• Christmas In Brandon
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2014, »
Swapping the pic from a known good unit is a good test as well.

Offline wbottomley

• High Country Lights
« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2014, »
I have one.  I'll give it a shot.

Thank you for the help!

Offline wbottomley

• High Country Lights
« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2014, »
I popped in another comm chip in these boards and the problem is solved.  Thank you for the help!

Maybe I should get some extra ones.  Anyone have the Mouser or other place where they can be ordered?

Offline Jeffl

• Christmas In Brandon
« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2014, »
All the Lync Express info is in the WIKI here.

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

The parts list bill of materials can be found here.  I think some are end of life however so it may take some searching to find what you need.

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login