Author Topic: Temporary Insanity has passed - bad quick connectors AGAIN !!  (Read 945 times)

Offline taybrynn

• RockinChristmas
Ok, I was so-o frustrated after having 3 of 7 channels on my Zeus v2 UNABLE to accept programming using the SS utility.   I tried re-flashing the PIC many times, tried checking the wires.  But finally figured out that I had 3 bad quick connectors (1 of the 3 wires didn't make a thru connection) ... that was my problem.  So testing these is a MUST, esp. if you ever have this kind of mind numbing problem getting a channel to program.  I tested all 3 and they all had 1 or 2 wires (of 3) which didn't make a thru connection.  Replaced with 3 good (and tested) quick connectors ... and all problems solved, and first Zeus v2 is flawless -- THANK GOD !
Scott - Castle Rock, Colorado   [ 2 homes, 100% RGB in 2016; since 2008; over 32k channels of E1.31 ]
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline bartels

I feel your pain.  I had the same issue the other day.  It was a pain to troubleshoot.  I learned my lesson.  I have had about 5 bad ones so far this year from Ray.

Offline taybrynn

• RockinChristmas
Testing all of them before splicing them is a mandatory requirement after bad ones last year and this year !
Scott - Castle Rock, Colorado   [ 2 homes, 100% RGB in 2016; since 2008; over 32k channels of E1.31 ]
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline arw01

I tend to get 1 bad one in a batch of 25, but had a good scare the other day thinking I had 4 of my crazy shipping cost 5' and 10' extensions bad I checked the pigtail to be bad for data, but good for ground and power.

Would like to figure out a quick tester that would have some leds to tell you if they are good or not, shorted or not, or just not connected.

Alan