Author Topic: TM 1804 IC MODULES  (Read 725 times)

Offline kfxi

TM 1804 IC MODULES
« on: November 13, 2014, »
I purchased several TM1804 ic led pixel modules that I wanted to use to make a random  display.  I also purchased  some TH2010-X controllers to run them with,  I have tried to get them to come on but when I power them up nothing comes on other than a couple that glow dim, is the TH2010-X the controller I need to use?  I also have some LED2014-X controllers can they be used?  Any help or suggestions you can give will be greatly appreciated.

Ken

Offline Robert

Re: TM 1804 IC MODULES
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2014, »
are you trying to power the pixels from the board with the supplied power supply? Or are you supplying separate 12v supply? I believe you hook up a separate power, through the board, to supply to power the pixels. as seen in the attached image.

Offline zwiller

« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2014, »
Make sure you have pixels "turned on" in the controller settings.  When I first got mine I had a similar issue and was convinced I had bad pixels.  I chopped and chopped up the string and basically gave up.  Eventually, when scrolling through the controller menu and becoming familiar with it, I realized it was not setup to display any pixels.  Once I changed it, it has worked perfectly since.  I have forgotten how exactly, but get the manual out.  I think you hold something down for a second and the menu comes up.  Very cool controller.  Think I am gonna string a single strand of pixels wired to this controller in the tree his year.  2014X looks identical to the 2010 to my eyes, although it appears to work with many more modules than the 2010 did. 
Sam, who is happy he flashed his etherdongle with newest firmware!

"Now, I had heard that word at least ten times a day from my old man. He worked in profanity the way other artists might work in oils or clay. It was his true medium; a master."

Offline jnealand

• Patron Member
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2014, »
I could never get my controller to work since it appeared to me that I could use power from either side, but once I powered up the controller via an old wall wart (see right side of pic above) and hooked up my big 12v power supply to the pixel (left) side it has worked great.  The instructions are not good and you need to play with it some to get it to do what you want.
Jim Nealand
Kennesaw, GA