Author Topic: FM Transmitter Kits or PCBs  (Read 2568 times)

Offline Jasonlnlv

FM Transmitter Kits or PCBs
« on: November 17, 2014, »
I had a question to see if anyone knows of a FM Transmitter PCB kit - Like a build your own - that is decent, not too expensive and where to get them?

Thank you,

Jason

Offline Robert

Re: FM Transmitter Kits or PCBs
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2014, »
Check this site

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline dmaccole

• PacificaLights.info
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2014, »
As the previous poster notes, Ramsey.

Though You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login calls its product a "kit," you just solder a couple of wires onto a pre-built board. By all accounts, though, it's a great transmitter (if a little pricey).

The only real DIY transmitter I knew of was the one created by You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login, but when I just visited I found that the chip on which his project was based is now unavailable.

He links to the a new You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login, which looks like more work than EDM but less than a "kit."

But I don't think I'd want to have a production device on a breadboard, so you could go to quite a bit of trouble building a perf board that accepted something like a You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login or a You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login kit and marry it to the Adafruit device.

HTH.

\dmc

Offline Robert

« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2014, »
hlly also has transmitter in kit form. Not sure on the quality of the product, but might be worth looking into.

Offline txag2008

• Lights of Nazareth
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2014, »
Another good option, You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline jnealand

• Patron Member
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2014, »
I have been using a Ramsey 25 that came in a kit for the last 7 years and it works good.  But back then I had never soldered anything and I bought it from a guy who made a business out of building those kits and selling them on ebay.  I've never regretted that purchase.
Jim Nealand
Kennesaw, GA

Offline Jasonlnlv

« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2014, »
Thanks everyone - I think Radiant Holidays has the best option to integrate into my setup.

Thanks,

Jason

Offline lrhorer

« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2015, »
I'm looking into this a bit.  Can someone supply some details, please?  The link above is not working, but it does take one to the Radiant Holidays website, where a quick search turns up the V-FMT212R FM transmitter for $100.  Is that the unit referenced above?  Does anyone know if will work readily with Falcon Pi Player running on a Raspberry Pi B+?

Offline dmaccole

• PacificaLights.info
« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2015, »
The link above is not working, but it does take one to the Radiant Holidays website, where a quick search turns up the V-FMT212R FM transmitter for $100.  Is that the unit referenced above?  Does anyone know if will work readily with Falcon Pi Player running on a Raspberry Pi B+?

The link above was to a Vastelec FM02; Vastelec decided at the end of 2014 to no longer manufacture that transmitter.

The replacement Vastelec is promoting is the V-FMT212R. A number of FPP users had the FMT212R running for their 2014 shows but they found a small problem, which was rectified with a kludge in the FPP software.

The FPP developers say they will have full FMT212R capability available in the June/July release of FPP, which will be called 2.0.

HTH.

\dmc

Offline Jeffl

• Just remember. Wireless is nice. Copper is king!
    • Christmas In Brandon
« Reply #9 on: February 23, 2015, »
If you can find one of these at a good price they are a real challenge.  And when they are done they are an awesome unit.

Offline magic8192

« Reply #10 on: February 24, 2015, »
I bought an EDM TX 100 a few years ago and used it for 2 seasons.  I didn't have any trouble with it.  I don't think he sells the basic model that I got anymore.  Mine doesn't have an LCD  You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login