Author Topic: another question on address settings  (Read 885 times)

Offline tombmatt

another question on address settings
« on: November 21, 2014, »
okay got my chip problem fixed, now I have a question on setting addresses. info: have dmx side with freestyle and LE's running on the first 512 channels so Universe1. then I have 24 strings of smartlights going to a zues 16 and zues 8 which gives me 8 more universes.. I programed in vix3 and ported to FPP and the 512 channels of dmx are first so universe 1 and then I have the 4096 channels that start at channel 513 and this is where I was getting confused I set the zues at channel 1 universe 2, and not start channel 513 universe 2, and it should be good to go right? ???

Offline tbone321

Re: another question on address settings
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2014, »
This is correct.  Unless you are reserving channels for something like DMX, you start the hardware addressing for each universe at 1.
If at first you don't succeed,
your not cut out for sky diving

Offline tombmatt

« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2014, »
thanks

Offline tombmatt

« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2014, »
okay reflashed zues 16 start channel 1 all etherdongle 50 nodes blah blah got all the lights to work shut down changed program jumper set universe to 2 on both jumpers brought up xligths set up dmx on first universe then e1.31 on 2nd with 8 universes with last channel 4096.  ran text patterns got lights on first 4 strings only. reset xlights to e1.31 only 8 universes last channel 4096 reset board to uvers1 ran test in xlights got all the lights to run???? what am I doing wrong??? need zues on 2nd universe have to have 1 universe dmx and it is set up as 1st universe in sequences

Offline tombmatt

« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2014, »
okay got lights now I need to get a different power supply it keeps kicking offline.