Author Topic: Release 3.6.7. Ripple,Strobe fix for PREVIEW. Fix to help xlights on a laptop di  (Read 1089 times)

Offline smeighan

• Nutcracker RGB Sequence Builder
XLIGHTS/NUTCRACKER RELEASE NOTES:
=================================
3.6.7   Nov 23, 2014
   -bug (djulien) scrunch UI so it will fit on a laptop (needs to be < 760 px high)
    -bug (dkulp) Fix Rendering of Ripple effect during save, now shows up in PREVIEW and lights
    -bug (dkulp) Fix Rendering of Strobe effect during save, now shows up in PREVIEW and lights
3.6.6   Nov 22, 2014
   -bug (dkulp) Size of picture and setting size of display window in PREVIEW could cause a condition where you
         could not select items. fixed.
   -enh (cpinkham) Add 'Pixelnet-Open' Network Type for Pixelnet output using Generic FTDI chipset USB to RS485 dongles.
   -enh (dkulp) During conversions, buffer non-critical updates to the messages list and append
      to the list box in blocks of about 10K.   Significantly speeds up conversions for HLS and LOR
      with very large files that display a lot of messages.
Sean
Littleton, CO
Latest releases You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
xLights/Nutcracker Forum You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Fbook You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline rrowan

• Administrator
Question:
After ver3.6.5 the file size has been about half on the Mac version.
about 8m for ver 3.6.5
but only 3.8 - 4.6m for 3.6.6 and 3.6.7

what has changed?

Thanks
Rick
Light Animation Hobby - Having fun and Learning at the same time. (21st member of DLA)
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Warning SOME assembly required

Offline dkulp

Question:
After ver3.6.5 the file size has been about half on the Mac version.
about 8m for ver 3.6.5
but only 3.8 - 4.6m for 3.6.6 and 3.6.7

what has changed?

I'm only compiling the 64bit build now.   Thus, all the 32bit stuff is gone from the download.   If anyone needs the 32bit builds, I can restore it, but I'm going to doubt anyone needs it. 

The Mac isn't like Windows where you need a separate executable for 64bit and 32bit.  Both are contained in the same executable.  However, building both takes double the time (which affects me when debugging/developing) and the executable is twice the size.   If nobody needs it, why bother?

Offline rrowan

• Administrator
Hi Dan

That makes perfect sense. I also don't see a reason for 32bit version on the Mac

Thanks for the quick reply.

Rick R.
Light Animation Hobby - Having fun and Learning at the same time. (21st member of DLA)
Warning SOME assembly required