Author Topic: Help Lynx stopped working and pic chip won't read from icsp  (Read 1353 times)

Offline enjoylife22

Ok I hope some one can help me. I built a Lynx express version 5. Assembled it tested it ran a few test sequences in my living room everything fine. So now I was ready to put up my display and needed to put it in it's box. So I started attaching all the wires through the box. I thought to myself let's just check it again real quick. So I plugged it in an I have just the 3.3 and 5 volt LEDs lit. Nothing else. So I wanted to Che the pic chip. I grabbed my programmer and could not find the chip through the icsp port on the board. (Double checked this by removing chip and putting it in the ex and chip was fine.)  so I resoldered the socket plugged it in and all 16 led fluttered then nothing again. Not sure where to go from here

Offline enjoylife22

Oh one more thing when I plugged it in I had the wireless module plugged in and the jumper in place

Offline enjoylife22

one more thing it is now giving me in pic2 utility a NO DEVICE DETECTED. ENSURE PROPER CAPACITANCE ON VDDCORE/VCAP PIN ERROR

Offline tbone321

That is sounding like a bad PIC
If at first you don't succeed,
your not cut out for sky diving