Author Topic: Lights wrong colors solved!!!  (Read 4628 times)

Offline tombmatt

Lights wrong colors solved!!!
« on: November 24, 2014, »
Have a 16 & 8 on ether dongle. Have Fpp when I test lights select red on all nodes and get green select blue get red and green gets blue now it gets weird the 8 is blue when 16 is red and so on white is white on them all. There are a few nodes in the 8 that are different colors. My question is this in pic chips programming?
« Last Edit: November 28, 2014, by tombmatt »

Offline tbone321

Re: Lights wrong colors
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2014, »
You need to go into the setup utility and tell the Zeus the correct color order.
If at first you don't succeed,
your not cut out for sky diving

Offline tombmatt

« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2014, »
I tried all color orders none would match. Reprogrammed chip. Set to rgb across both Zeus. 16 came up red - green, green-  blue, blue is red as run off xlights/nutcracker  running bars only one color. On the Zeus 8 one string is rgb and one string has eight nodes rgb but the rest grb.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2014, by tombmatt »

Offline tombmatt

« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2014, »
Bought the lights from Ray this summer on one order.

Offline mikedbom

• NorthBridge Web Design
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2014, »
I have the same problem between strings and flex. Tried the Utility changes but they didn't help. Not sure if the utility has been updated since last year.

Offline tombmatt

« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2014, »
I don't understand how my order (just made a few months ago) of 25 stands of lights from the wiki could have different colors. I could maybe understand if I ordered lights from different places/vendors but this was one order for 25 strands 50 nodes off the wiki link. I thought they were rgb and would all run the same. if they were all the same gbr brg etc it would be allrignt but 16 running gbr on the zues 16 and 6 running rgb on the zues8 and 1 running gbr with a few nodes something else it does not seem possible. both boards programed at the same time and the 16 and 8 are different colors when the utility is set at rgb???? I really don't understand it.

Offline rrowan

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2014, »
Hey Tom,

I did some light reading (about 16 pages for one topic) from the Zeus Beta board and I need you to test something for me.

Change the Model to 3 Channel and see if that makes any difference with your color order. The Beta team noted that certain color orders didn't work with different modes. I know that was older (un released) firmware but it can't hurt to try.

Thanks

Rick R.
Light Animation Hobby - Having fun and Learning at the same time. (21st member of DLA)
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Warning SOME assembly required

Offline t.jo13

• Coop Manager
« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2014, »
By chance did you check your wiring  from the Zeus to the first node. It sometimes gets changed at the factory and it has given many headaches.pigtails also. They seem to ship a few different colored pigtails
Just an idea

Joe

Offline tombmatt

« Reply #8 on: November 25, 2014, »
Ok I will try that. I did get the 16 to run in the right order it ended being brg worked on it. The 8 is still crazy. Have to reprogram the chips again. Have one string that is mostly one color but have like eight nodes that are blue (others red) but one node is purple.

Offline tombmatt

« Reply #9 on: November 25, 2014, »
We'll I wired all 24 strings exactly the same the 3wire I bought from Ray was red green blue and the pigtails were brown ye low/green blue the strings were red green blue so it was re to red to brown blue all and green green/yellow green .

Offline tombmatt

« Reply #10 on: November 25, 2014, »
How can I get 1 string to change color order. I got the 16 change but it was all strings. I'm afraid the one string is bad with it being multi colors when I try to program

Offline rrowan

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: November 25, 2014, »
hmm pigtails have caused a lot of members problems. try temp hardwire (use electric tape) and see if that helps.

Rick R.
Light Animation Hobby - Having fun and Learning at the same time. (21st member of DLA)
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Warning SOME assembly required

Offline tbone321

« Reply #12 on: November 25, 2014, »
If all of the nodes are flashing in multi-color during the programming operation, try removing the first two nodes from the string and see what it does.
If at first you don't succeed,
your not cut out for sky diving

Offline tombmatt

« Reply #13 on: November 25, 2014, »
Okay tried3channel string 6strings are rgb string 8 is gbr and string 4 is dead. will chase that later. So mostly 3channel works .  Problem channel 8 start address is 4097 (1staddressis513). I tried going to 8 on the string number instead of all and got "start channel to high    1 - 4093 allowed

Offline tombmatt

« Reply #14 on: November 25, 2014, »
Okay just had thought. Could my problem with string 8 be that it's start address is outside the range limits rj set in the utility?