Author Topic: Lights wrong colors solved!!!  (Read 4632 times)

Offline tombmatt

Re: Lights wrong colors
« Reply #15 on: November 25, 2014, »
Thine they are all flashing white since I went to 3 channel string. Except string 4 whichis still dead, reprogrammed that chip swaped strings. Should I try to swap chips to see if dead string follows chip?

Offline tbone321

« Reply #16 on: November 26, 2014, »
Remember that you only have 4096 channels to work with per PixelNet universe.  If you set the start channel above that then the controller simply will not function.  If you need more than 4096 channels, then you need to start a new universe and that starts the hardware address back from 1 again.  Also remember that no controller can bridge a universe.
If at first you don't succeed,
your not cut out for sky diving

Offline tombmatt

« Reply #17 on: November 26, 2014, »
Channel 1 - 512 on USB dongle. 513 - 4608?  On etherdongle  that is what  vixen 3 gives me. It 2 separate universes from what I understand. Course I could be wrong I have been lot of times already. The Dix and e1.31 are separate universes right?
update. The xml file that i get when i export my sequences gives 1universe with dmx channels 1 - 512 and  e1.31 513 - 4608. To get any lights to flash (playing sequence) i have to set channel 1 on the zues to 513,  my understanding is that the dmx universe runing through the lynx usb dongle is seperate from the universe runing through the etherdongle.
Joe.  I don't have a tester. Have to use xlights/nutcracker or vixen.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2014, by tombmatt »

Offline t.jo13

• Coop Manager
« Reply #18 on: November 26, 2014, »
On v3 I found a couple of posts that helped me set up the ETD. Each 512 channels are listed as their own universe. Not that it may be totally correct but its works for me. Being that you are using the ETD you can take the dmx dongle out of play by using the ETD only . I started the direction as you but found it much easier to just use the ETD. As far as the strings possibly being bad, do you have some sort of device that you can test the strings without any equipment involved. I use the th2010 pixel controller from ray which is now upgraded to the the th2014  I use it to test every string . Before I start to use the strings for anything. Hopefully some of this info will help you. I know what to do but terrible at at explaining. I am mechanical not technical.

Joe

Offline jnealand

• Patron Member
« Reply #19 on: November 26, 2014, »
With the etd you would specify 1-4096.  Even though they overlap with the DMX hardware wise that is not a problem,  You just would not use any addresses less than 512 for your pixel stuff.  For example if you are using an active hub for your pixels you tell it that it is universe 1 or channels 1-4096.  Like many of us you can have the active hub convert the 1st 512 channels to dmx protocol and send that out the dmx out jack.  What you need to understand is that 1-512 is still going to all the pixelnet devices.  Most of us then do not program any pixels for 1-512, but you can and if you have a dmx device with channel 1-16 and also have pixelnet devices configured for 1-16 they will both light up and be controlled identically.  The dmx conversion does not remove any pixelnet channels only converts the designated 512 channels which can be any 512 channel block (dmx universe).  Which block is converted is controlled by the jumper pins.
Jim Nealand
Kennesaw, GA

Offline tombmatt

« Reply #20 on: November 26, 2014, »
Jneland
i dont have an active hub only zues and dmx hardware. E xported vix3 sequences 1-512 is dmx 513 - 4608 is e1.31. If i set the zues to start anywhere other than 513 start channel i get no lights. Put start channel 513 and i get lights cant. So the problem seems to be the last string. I can rest zues 16 to bgr to get lites to sequence, zues 8 (running after  off of the 16) runs rgb except for string 8. It runs grb or bgr . And since it's start address is 4096 i cant program it. The utility limits start address's to 4093 (i think that was the # the error msg gve me).

Offline TexasStingray

• Coop Manager
« Reply #21 on: November 26, 2014, »
Food for thought,

I have none of this hardware, but what I have is an Arduino sending out a signal to a lynx splitter and injecting 12 volts at the splitter feeding a SSC, the power supply and Arduino are running on different power source. I was having all kinds of problems. Then I hooked up the negative from the Arduino and the negative from the power source and all my problems went away.

just food for thought.
Scott Wanner
TX

Watch my videos
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline CaptainMurdoch

« Reply #22 on: November 26, 2014, »
And since it's start address is 4096 i cant program it. The utility limits start address's to 4093 (i think that was the # the error msg gve me).

Check out my reply on the other forum, I think that will solve your issue, if so you can report back there and here.  If it doesn't solve the issue I don't want to muddy the waters here with irrelevant info.

Offline rrowan

• Administrator
« Reply #23 on: November 26, 2014, »
isn't 4097 in the second universe?

Rick R.
Light Animation Hobby - Having fun and Learning at the same time. (21st member of DLA)
Warning SOME assembly required

Offline CaptainMurdoch

« Reply #24 on: November 26, 2014, »
He isn't overlapping the first DMX and PixelNet universes, so absolute channel 4097 is in the first PixelNet universe as relative channel 3585 (4097 - 512).  In the Zeus config he needs to use the relative channel numbers not the absolute channel numbers.

Offline TexasStingray

• Coop Manager
« Reply #25 on: November 26, 2014, »
Tombmatt,
As the usb dongel is for dmx and the ed is for pixelnet. The software that is driving them is set for device 1 for channels 1 thru 512 and device 2 is setup for channels 513 thru 4608. Rememder each device starts at 1. Thats why when you set the zeus to 513 it works. So if you thought you needed to set the zeus to 4097 you really need to set it to 4097 -512 as device 1 (usb dongel) has the first 512 and device 2 (ed) start address is 1 on the device and 513 in the software. Each device has it own univerce and their start address is always 1.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2014, by TexasStingray »
Scott Wanner
TX

Watch my videos

Offline tombmatt

« Reply #26 on: November 26, 2014, »
that's okay all my problems are solved now I can not get anylights on any channel have reflashed pics 3 times tried everything to get the utility to flash lights and nothing think I will just give it a break. Thanks for your help.
Tom

Offline tombmatt

Re: Lights wrong colors solved!!!
« Reply #27 on: December 03, 2014, »
have zues 16 working properly just addressing issues. zues 8 have color problem solved had to program it to GBR to match zues 16 RGB. But sting 4 on the zues does not work at all. have changed the mosfet. did not help. the 330 ohm resistor reads 329. have 12 volts on the light connection block. it isn't the pigtails cause I can swap lights from a different position and the lights stay the same line 4 dead. have reflashed pic numerous times have swaped pics. what else can it be?

Offline t.jo13

• Coop Manager
Re: Lights wrong colors solved!!!
« Reply #28 on: December 03, 2014, »
Again I am not the best at explaining but I would recommend  possibly retouching up the solder joints  as I just ran into a similar situation.  I gave an express to my son in law, he soldered it up last year and it worked great . He pulled it out this year and 2 channels didn't work..I had him send to to me and did the norm, replace triac, swap pic etc. Nothing  as a last resort I reflowed the connection blocks darn if that didn't fix the 2 channels. The solder looked good originally  but it could have been brittle from over heating or not flowed good enough (guessing)  Long story short try to touch up solder joints on #4 .  The only other thing would be to check the actual connection block. Maybe there is a flaw in it. You have 12v  but you need data also 12V, ground, and data. I think that is the correct lingo. I hope that helps you  just ideas

Joe