Author Topic: No DMX out from active SSC hub  (Read 1083 times)

Offline Mickpat

• Beta Tester
No DMX out from active SSC hub
« on: November 27, 2014, »
Yesterday setup my display and DMX out of the active hub was working fine.  All of my LE controllers worked perfectly.

Etherdongle -> Active SSC -> DMX

Today, I am not getting any DMX out of my active hub.  I have two active hubs so I tried the other one and the same issue.  Next, I swapped out the LE and same issues.  I tested the cat5 cables and they are fine.  The LE shows data light.  SSC DMX jumper is set to universe 1.  PixelNet is set to 1.  LE is set to 1.   

Smart strings connected to the active hub work just fine. To me, this means the etherdongle is working fine and outputting pixelnet.  But, I have no way to know if a DMX signal is being output although the green data light is on. 

What killing me is it worked yesterday and I haven't made any changes.

Any ideas? Thanks.

Offline wftxlites

Re: No DMX out from active SSC hub
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2014, »
Try a different LE. Maybe the cable on the first device in the DMX network is bad or corrosion on DMX pins on LE.

Offline Mickpat

• Beta Tester
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2014, »
I have 3 SSC.  1 of them works, which is great because now I have a solution.  I switched back to the original one, and its now working too.  Which is good, but also makes me nervous.  I have had this board since they first came out and was working fine and never had any issues.  I might touch-up the soldering joint if it stops working again.  Thankful to have it working again.  Always something.  :)

Offline wftxlites

« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2014, »
Over the years I done a lot of troubleshooting electronics.  Sometime just unplugging and re-plugging fixes bad contacts. I'm thinking not cold solder joints.

Good Luck.

Glad you have something you can work with.