Author Topic: Using Digital Storage Oscilloscope to help with flicker  (Read 1150 times)

Offline Jeffl

• Just remember. Wireless is nice. Copper is king!
    • Christmas In Brandon
Would a device like this be helpful in figuring out why I'm getting extra flicker on a couple of my LE's.  My guess is it's a DMX signal but I'm wondering if a device like this would help me tune it up and make sure it's in good shape.

Your thoughts?

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline jnealand

• Patron Member
Re: Using Digital Storage Oscilloscope to help with flicker
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2014, »
Are you using LEDs.  A few years ago when I first started using LEDs with my LEs I had to add snubbers to each string to stop my flickering.
Jim Nealand
Kennesaw, GA

Offline Jeffl

• Christmas In Brandon
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2014, »
I have a gremlin in a few spots.  From what I can see it's all incans that have issues surprisingly.  I have tried replacing everything with no luck.  I think it's a signal issue and found this as a possible option to see the signal the actual controller is seeing.

Offline duane.mosley

• hearthstonelights.com
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2014, »
if you connect your express individually and check them, do they still flicker? i had an issue with a 125v jumper that fed the right side of my express being loose. it caused that LE and all the ones connected after to flicker. might be something to check. i pulled my controller into the garage twice before i discovered it.

good luck
Florence, KY

facebook.com/hearthstonelights

Offline Jeffl

• Christmas In Brandon
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2014, »
Mine is only 3 controllers and the flicker isn't sporadic, it's very specific.  For one I even replaced the controller and still the same issue.  Eliminating programming from some of the other channels was the only thing that I could find to eliminate the problem.

But you bring up and interesting point because I started the switch to LED's this year and converted about 20 remaining LE controllers from dual cords to single to simplify my setup.  Snow will be gone and the temps in the 50's tomorrow.  I'm going to be running around with my screw driver rechecking connections to make sure everything is tight.