Author Topic: Weirdness to LE  (Read 1435 times)

Offline abell

Weirdness to LE
« on: November 30, 2014, »
I have everything up and running, and I am so glad too! Quick help...

I have one LE that is still giving me problems. I think I might know what it is, but I wanted to run it by you guys before I took things apart.

LE 3.0 when I first plugged it in, the LEDs would sporadically flicker. I'd unplug/replug until the problem went away. It usually does after 3rd time. It went a whole 24 hours with no flickering... and then it needed to be unplugged/replugged again this evening.

Could this be as simple as having cord wired backwards? Like the neutral needs to be on the other side...

I thought it wasn't getting enough amps, but it runs the test just fine without any flickering. It's almost as if it's receiving DMX noise by accident. (I swapped out wireless cards and still same problems).

Adam

Offline jnealand

• Patron Member
Re: Weirdness to LE
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2014, »
If you are running LEDs you may need a snubber on those lines.
Jim Nealand
Kennesaw, GA

Offline abell

« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2014, »
Incandescent.

Offline WWNF911

• Patron Member
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2014, »
I have the same problem from time to time. Check to see if something is in the way of the transmitter. Sometimes I have to re-position it. I keep mine inside the garage. Sometimes the positioning might be too close to a stud. It gets tricky. Sometimes I'll re-position and one controller is fine but it causes problems with another. My walls are finished so I can't readily see where the studs are. This becomes even more of a problem with receivers on the roof as there is more to get in the way. Keep trying. You'll get it. BTW, Sporatic is the symptom.

Oooh just remembered I did have one that was crazy flickering one time. More than what I was talking about above. Replaced with spare and the show went on. Still need to troubleshoot. On a mission to find. Thanks for the reminder. It was one for half of my four arches. Sounds like you may have similar. The stuff I was refering to above is just an occasional flicker here and there.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2014, by WWNF911 »
Leon

Offline rrowan

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2014, »
I think V3 LE needed the RS-485 chip removed if you are using wireless.
but like wwnf911 said, it could be just a reception problem for the transmitter.

Sorry I can't offer more I never use wireless, I just prefer the wired option.

Rick R.
Light Animation Hobby - Having fun and Learning at the same time. (21st member of DLA)
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Warning SOME assembly required

Offline kj77rn

« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2014, »
I had one doing odd things and realized I did not terminate it as the last in line.  Can't say how that works with wireless.
Steve
Apopka FL