Author Topic: Changing a Freestyles DMX address  (Read 6597 times)

Offline RJ

• Administrator
Re: Changing a Freestyles DMX address
« Reply #15 on: December 03, 2014, »
You can set it in the firmware as you are trying. I am not home to look but can check tonight to see what to set to change it.

RJ
Innovation beats imitation - and it's more satisfying

Offline RJ

• Administrator
« Reply #16 on: December 03, 2014, »
Rick has it in the wiki correct. If you change the hex in the eeprom area it has to change. I think you maybe having an issue where it is not saving when you do this. Try it again and then clsoe the pickit utility and them open it and read the pic again to verify it changed. The two bytes have to add up to the address you want.

RJ
Innovation beats imitation - and it's more satisfying

Offline MrChristmas2000

« Reply #17 on: December 04, 2014, »
Thanks RJ. I guess you haven't retired.  :)

I will retry programming it this afternoon. I am just about finished with my current project.

Offline tbone321

« Reply #18 on: December 04, 2014, »
RJ, are you setting an indicator in the program code to tell the firmware to read the internal memory and add the two values otherwise, default to 1?  The reason that I am asking is because the two locations both seem to be set to zero and yet, the Freestyle still goes to channel 1. 
If at first you don't succeed,
your not cut out for sky diving

Offline MrChristmas2000

« Reply #19 on: December 05, 2014, »
RJ,

I tried your suggestion to program those two locations then reload the programmer to verify that they programmed and they verified as per you and the Wiki.

The Freestyle still refuses to use any other address than One (1).

I have increased my Lynx DMX dongles speed without any change as well.

Some program and soma don't. I guess that is just a fact of using a Freestyle. I just hope my other element that uses freestyles that are programmed at higher address do not fail.

Thanks for your assistance.

Offline tbone321

« Reply #20 on: December 05, 2014, »
If you can, connect your pickit to one of your functioning freestyles with a starting address other than one and read the firmware from the PIC.  Then look at the checksum and the memory locations and see what they are.  You can also save this as a file and load it into one of your freestyles that you cannot change the start address and see what happens.
If at first you don't succeed,
your not cut out for sky diving

Offline MrChristmas2000

« Reply #21 on: December 05, 2014, »
I do not want to present Murphy any more of an opportunity to mess up the show than he already has done. That element is working fine so maybe after the season is over I might take the risk of dumping the code then, but for now it will stay sealed up. LOL.

I have spent 3 days pulling out the freestyle infra structure and replacing it with 4 Lynx Freestyles that I found in a closet stashed away. I built whole new wiring harnesses to distribute power to all the elements, whew!