Author Topic: Unable to open file  (Read 2172 times)

Offline Christmasaddict

Unable to open file
« on: December 01, 2014, »
I have been using LSP for 3-4 years.  This year one of my LE's had a bad channel so I decided to move that channel to an unused on in another LE.  I had to open each sequence file and make the necessary change however there is one file that for some reason the software will not open.  The file seems to play and work normally in the scheduler but when I try to open it in the sequencer it will not open.  Thoughts?

Offline Christmasaddict

Re: Unable to open file
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2014, »
After making this post I saw where someone else had the same issue.  The only reply was that the file may be corrupted.  Sorry I should have looked closer before making a new post however does anyone have any other ideas? 

Offline Azathoth42

Re: Unable to open file
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2014, »
I had that happen a couple of times last year.  Fortunately, it wasn't a finished show.  What I started doing was 1) save a copy to another folder, and 2)when I got to a happy place on a sequence, saved a new version.  So I basically had Show_01, Show_02, Show_03 etc., just in case something went  <md..

Then if something did blow up, I didn't lose everything at once.  Saved my bacon a couple of times.