Author Topic: Buying a Lynx Express controller  (Read 4676 times)

Offline Jeffl

• Just remember. Wireless is nice. Copper is king!
    • Christmas In Brandon
Re: Buying a Lynx Express controller
« Reply #15 on: December 07, 2014, »
If you are going to build a near LOR quality setup with good quality cords like I did this is what they will run.

Card coop $75
Input Power Cord + 16 output cords Monoprice (16 - 5297,1 - 5291)  $33.52
Case  $11.25 + shipping
O ring terminals for ground. $5

$135 + Your time

You can always use cheaper input and output plugs and if you can get better quantity discounts that would help as well.  Depending on your setup you can take this and start subtracting what you don't need or want to substitute for your setup.

Offline jnealand

• Patron Member
« Reply #16 on: December 07, 2014, »
For budgeting I would use $75 as a cost for a controller with no case and no cords.  A CG1500 will run you about $15 plus shipping, Output cords can be had for a $1 at the dollar stores, slightly higher at Walmart or Home Depot.  A single power input cord can be anywhere from free to $10 depending on where you get them.  In any case unless you buy it used you will have a little work to put it all together before you can use it.  Cases and cords are never in a coop, only the controllers themselves.

Hope that helps.
Jim Nealand
Kennesaw, GA

Offline DonFL

« Reply #17 on: December 07, 2014, »
I was able to get the Minleon cases a year or so ago for a comparable price to the 1500s that it made it worth going with those. If you buy a quantity, Ron D. can sometime work a pretty good deal for you. For the Expresses, I prefer those cases to a CG1500s, but you'll pay about 10-12 bucks more without any "deals".