Author Topic: Adjustable Preview Error  (Read 1577 times)

Offline bking85295

Adjustable Preview Error
« on: December 05, 2014, »
When I open and run any of my sequences, they run with no problem through the Dongle, and all lights on the house come on.

But when I run a program with the same sequences, when the program starts to initiate, it immediately kicks off with the error:

--------------------------------------
Adjustable Preview

(Router - Startup)
Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation
---------------------------------------

When I click 'OK', it resumes the program, and the music plays, but no lights are coming on.

Any suggestions?

Offline WWNF911

• Patron Member
Re: Adjustable Preview Error
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2014, »
More than likely, you have a problem with your configuration. Can you send a screen shot of the config screen/s?

BTW, which version of Vixen are you running?

Thx

PS - Try this.   You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
« Last Edit: December 05, 2014, by WWNF911 »
Leon

Offline jnealand

• Patron Member
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2014, »
Normally you should have the adjustable preview turned off when running a show.
Jim Nealand
Kennesaw, GA

Offline WWNF911

• Patron Member
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2014, »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Normally you should have the adjustable preview turned off when running a show.

Why is that Jim?
Leon

Offline jnealand

• Patron Member
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2014, »
I don't remember all the technical details, but it had something to do with taking to many cycles away from running the show.  YMMV  Probably get better answers on DIYC which is the home for vixen.
Jim Nealand
Kennesaw, GA

Offline WWNF911

• Patron Member
« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2014, »
That is true if you're running a "BIG" (size) picture. However, if you resize, say like with microsoft paint, you can have it up without issues. Mine runs all the time. It's how i can tell where I'm at in the show without going outside. That said, when I'm not monitoring the show I do turn the monitor off.  :)

But you're right, if the pic is huge (which is easy to do these days with all the umteen megapixel cameras) you can really bring things to a crawl with the computer trying to use it for preview.
Leon

Offline rrowan

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2014, »
Vixen 2.x series is a memory intense application.

You computer has all of the stuff its normally running and then Vixen loads your complete show into memory (every channel even if nothing is on that channel) and on top of that it loads the picture preview including each dot you added for each item in your preview. Now add the fact that vixen's scheduler is known to be flaky (reason why most folks look into other schedulers like xLights). Its just a lot of problems for your computer to deal with. To make it worst, say you have a machine for 4 gigs of memory and running Windows 32 bit. Guess what there is built in memory problems and slow downs since 32bit can't deal with that extra memory.

clear as mud?

Rick R.

btw: Remember that Vixen 2.x series was written when Large displays was 32 channels or less and there was no such thing as RGB leds. To be honest fading was new advance feature, before that your choice was on or off.
Light Animation Hobby - Having fun and Learning at the same time. (21st member of DLA)
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Warning SOME assembly required

Offline WWNF911

• Patron Member
« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2014, »
The defense is willing to concede that all 23 witnesses will testify substantially as Corporal Hammaker did, if the Government is willing to concede that none of them were in Dawson and Downey's room at 16:20 on September 6th. I mean,... if you're willing to admit that for some reason or another you've had an axe to grind where Vixen is concerned,  I'm willing to admit that a I personally do not think R&B LEE'S are Christmasy...... Not even a little.  Sorry.  <fp.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2014, by WWNF911 »
Leon

Offline WWNF911

• Patron Member
« Reply #8 on: December 07, 2014, »
Darn phone. Should say RGB LEDs

bking85295 - If you're just wanting to run your show through a program/ scheduler and your not particularly concerned with the adjustable preview than you could turn off (uncheck) the previewer in your profile configuration and then see if your show will run.

I hope since we haven't seen you lately that you've got your issue resolved.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2014, by WWNF911 »
Leon