Author Topic: After programming some nodes work  (Read 926 times)

Offline gatorengineer

• Facebook link
After programming some nodes work
« on: December 07, 2014, »
I have 5 other modded v2 SSC working on the exact configuration. I double checked the solder, chips, chip positions, resistors and everything looks good.

I have 2 strings with issues. After programming with the SSC Utility on the first string, the first 3 nodes work. The first two nodes are white, and the last one has one color sometimes multiple and it varies on each flash. The rest of the string works fine. When I test it....no blinky flashy even though other strings I plug into the same Cat 5 cable work.

I have another string where the first 6 nodes work after programming and not the rest of the string. No blinky flashy if I connect it. The first 5 nodes are all white and the last node has mostly one color but it varies.

Before I do anything, I feel like the problem is at the connection between each 3 node set. It would seem all I need to do is remove the bad portions. But before I go cutting and removing, does this seem correct?

Offline TexasStingray

• Coop Manager
Re: After programming some nodes work
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2014, »
Turn them all on white and let them burn in for a little while and see if that helps. It do for some strings that I have that were acting funny.
Scott Wanner
TX

Watch my videos
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline lonewolf41

• Coop Manager
Re: After programming some nodes work
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2014, »
Load the test firmware onto the PIC.  With program jumper off, it cycles through all colors.  With jumper on, they stay all white.  That is probably the best way to troubleshoot string issues since all the nodes will be doing the same thing...except at the end of the color cycle when they go random for a few seconds. 

HIH,
-Keith