Author Topic: Alternate Node Color Wash  (Read 986 times)

Offline mitch09

Alternate Node Color Wash
« on: December 08, 2014, »
Is there an easy way to make nodes Static (on) alternating 2 or 3 colors?

Say Node 1 is Red, Node 2 is Green, Node 3 is blue, Node 4 is Red, Node 5 is Green, Node 6 is Blue and so on.

Then make them static and not move. I have been playing with effects in nutcracker and cannot get this to happen. I'm sure there must be a way.

Ryan

Offline jnealand

• Patron Member
Re: Alternate Node Color Wash
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2014, »
You might ask in the nutcracker forum.  There are people from many other forums looking there and a broader base may give you a better chance of getting an answer.
Jim Nealand
Kennesaw, GA

Offline mitch09

« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2014, »
Thanks Jim,

Already posted over there. Just thought I would try here as well. With all the nutcracker work you do, I thought maybe you would be able to answer this. Even with random effects on multiple cells, I cannot get this to happen.

Ryan

Offline taybrynn

• RockinChristmas
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2014, »
You might try spirals and check just colors in a palette you want to alternate ... I believe it can do what your wanting with proper tweaking.  Singlestrand might also work.  It also depends on how you lay out the model ... if you lay it out as a single line, left to right ... you will get more of the behavior you are seeking.  You can use a straight line model to sequence with but include a more realistic model (of the same channels) for the visualizer.
Scott - Castle Rock, Colorado   [ 2 homes, 100% RGB in 2016; since 2008; over 32k channels of E1.31 ]
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline mitch09

« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2014, »
I am able to get pretty close to what I want using "singlestrand" and Skips, but it still doesn't use every node, as it leaves a blank node for the "skipping"

Offline Steve Gase

• WinterLightShow in Georgetown, TX
« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2014, »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
...it leaves a blank node for the "skipping"
and black is not enabled as a color?
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login  |  110K channels, 50K lights  |  Nutcracker, Falcon, DLA, HolidayCoro

Offline mitch09

« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2014, »
no black just green, red, white

Offline mitch09

« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2014, »
Sounds like this has been taken care of in an upcoming release using "skip"  >.d9