Author Topic: Static Elements  (Read 1358 times)

Offline mikedbom

• NorthBridge Web Design
Static Elements
« on: December 08, 2014, »
is there anyway to keep a static light display on through a few timing marks before allowing them to cycle to another in xlights?

for example, rgb show going, i want my deer to stay on for a certain amount of time, then shut off for a few seconds while my nets light up, and so on.  easy in vixen but can i combine that in an rgb show?  hope that makes sense.

Offline CaptainMurdoch

Re: Static Elements
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2014, »
Try creating a single strand model in nutcracker and set the type to red single string.  Do a color wash red to turn the channel on and color wash black to turn it off.

Offline jnealand

• Patron Member
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2014, »
+1  I do that and it works fine.
Jim Nealand
Kennesaw, GA

Offline mikedbom

• NorthBridge Web Design
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2014, »
I think that is how I'm doing it but the lights shut off anyways even if I set them to be in the entire show. I'll have to look at my settings again and post to see what I'm missing.  Thanks for the responses.

Offline CaptainMurdoch

« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2014, »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
I think that is how I'm doing it but the lights shut off anyways even if I set them to be in the entire show. I'll have to look at my settings again and post to see what I'm missing.  Thanks for the responses.

"Entire show" or "entire sequence"? As long as all cells in the column below your colorwash are empty cells then the lights should stay on until at least the end of the sequence.  What they do after that depends on what is played next.  You need the color wash to be in every sequence you have or they will get turned off again.

Offline mikedbom

• NorthBridge Web Design
« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2014, »
Meant entire sequence. That is my problem then...I have an effect in each timing mark. So just blank those cells out and they will hold the previous effect no matter if it's none:none or color wash. Makes sense now. Thank you.