Author Topic: Wireframe Animated items  (Read 727 times)

Offline Jasonlnlv

Wireframe Animated items
« on: December 12, 2014, »
Was looking to add some standalone wireframe animated items to the display along with all the controller sequences - but was wondering were to go look for them or if there were plans/templates anywhere, and what kind of controller or relays used to make the static animations. using either standard lights or sections of LED rope lights...

Thanks,

Jason

Offline jnealand

• Patron Member
Re: Wireframe Animated items
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2014, »
If I was looking to build some of those items I would be using google search and also looking at Planet Christmas and DIYC forums.
Jim Nealand
Kennesaw, GA

Offline Jasonlnlv

« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2014, »
Thanks Jim,

I had Googled them and found a bunch of premade ones that are very expensive, Was hoping to find templates and some plans on how to make them at home - mostly what controls clicking off one set of lights and turning on the other to create and animation effect.

I just fould a Planet Christmas vendor page at:

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Im going to go through that tonight, but if anyone knows a controller for 2 + controls for the animation steps please let me know.

Thanks,

Jason

Offline PJNMCT

• Patron Member
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2014, »
This is exactly what I use my SSR4 w/DMX for. It controls my wireframe waving Santa. I got it from You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login a couple of years back when we had a florida expo there.

-Paul
Leesburg, FL

Offline typoagain

« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2015, »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Thanks Jim,

I had Googled them and found a bunch of premade ones that are very expensive, Was hoping to find templates and some plans on how to make them at home - mostly what controls clicking off one set of lights and turning on the other to create and animation effect.
Thanks,

Jason

2 channel control are not hard to find online. check on some of some wed sites for the companies that sell comercial decorations.

As for patterns, I have done something different in the past. I used coloring pages. You can find coloring pages online for as LOT of different topics. You could then have the pages printed out on big sheets or do what I did. I got a projector, a roll of white paper, a marker and a wife!
I have used coloring pages for wireframes and wood cutouts both.
If you are going the projector route you can also use catroon pictures.
If you want an Olaf wireframe for example, that just might be your only choice.
One of the new guys in Odessa TX.