Author Topic: ssc v3 mod won't program correctly  (Read 1388 times)

Offline duane.mosley

• hearthstonelights.com
ssc v3 mod won't program correctly
« on: December 13, 2014, »
I have an ssc that won't program using the  ssc utility in the wiki that is under the v3 mod section. when I flash the pic for the test firmware, everything works fine. all nodes fade in and out and do their chase just fine. I go into vixen, play a sequence and the 25 nodes work just fine with the first 75 channels in vixen as long as I leave the default start channel as 1.   when I use the ssc utility to try and get my start channel which is 12289 in my case, the first 4 nodes won't work, nodes 5 and 6 stay on all the time,  nodes 7-25  work, but the start channel is still 1. so no ssc utility, default start channel 1 and everything works fine. use the ssc utility with programmed start channel of 12289 and it is all out of wack. i will try and download the file again and see what happens. 
Florence, KY

facebook.com/hearthstonelights

Offline duane.mosley

• hearthstonelights.com
Re: ssc v3 mod won't program correctly
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2014, »
it will program a start channel anything under 11,000 for some reason when i go above 12,000, it has the first 4 not working, and reverts back to channel 1 for the remaining nodes 7-25 with 5 and 6 stuck on. this is a brand new pic from mouser as well as a new 485 chip. and it works on the test firmware.
Florence, KY

Offline rrowan

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2014, »
My guess since all seems to be working if you don't use the SSC Utility is you are using a newer version of the SSC Utility that is not compatible with that firmware. The only way I can think of finding the correct version of the Utility program is to compare the dates.

Short answer version of the above gibberish

old firmware and new utility program - Not compatible

Must find the older version of the utility in the forums. Normally its in the topic that RJ started to describe the device.

Rick R.
Light Animation Hobby - Having fun and Learning at the same time. (21st member of DLA)
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Warning SOME assembly required

Offline jnealand

• Patron Member
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2014, »
You might try programming it as though it was in universe 1.  Just figure the correct offset.  Since the universe is set on the hub and not in the SSC, the actual channels in the SSC are probably 1-4096.  Just a thought.
Jim Nealand
Kennesaw, GA

Offline TexasStingray

• Coop Manager
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2014, »
I had the same problem and it was the version of the SS Utility.
Scott Wanner
TX

Watch my videos

Offline duane.mosley

• hearthstonelights.com
« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2014, »
You might try programming it as though it was in universe 1.  Just figure the correct offset.  Since the universe is set on the hub and not in the SSC, the actual channels in the SSC are probably 1-4096.  Just a thought.

that was it! not too mention when i went into vixen and added the 4th universe, i didn't make sure the plug in set up for the ED recognized all the channels. all is working now. time to build the other 4 so that i can try and get them into this years show. that way the sequencing part will be done and all i have to do is build 27 more to line my sidewalk for next year! thanks
Florence, KY

Offline duane.mosley

• hearthstonelights.com
« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2014, »
does anyone have a known working ssc utility  file for the v3 modified that i can have? the one in the wiki is not programming my ssc? if i just leave the ssc alone from programming the pic, it works just fine with a default channel of 1. i need channel 3450 and the ssc utility in the wiki is not working for me correctly. i wiped out all existence of the ssc utility that i had on my pc and started from scratch and it is not working for me. please and thank you.
Florence, KY