Author Topic: stray lights  (Read 1702 times)

Offline tombmatt

stray lights
« on: December 14, 2014, »
has anyone seen the problem of a string of smart lights coming on when there is no signal being passed? have computer turned off plug in power to zues's  (connected to etherdongle) and one string comes on. no power to computer but etherdongle does have power. unplug power to zues string goes out plug it back in it comes back on. its not one solid color one is light purple ish and the nest bulb is pink and it alternates up the string in the same colors.?????

Offline Steve Gase

• WinterLightShow in Georgetown, TX
Re: stray lights
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2014, »
it sounds like a bad pixel (or 2)...
its hard to say if the last one that "looks" right is passing bad data... or the first one that looks wrong is not acting on good data.

while you could experiment to find which is which in this particular instance, most people cut out the last good and first bad and replace both of them.
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login  |  110K channels, 50K lights  |  Nutcracker, Falcon, DLA, HolidayCoro

Offline tombmatt

« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2014, »
its the whole string lighting up with no signal, so the first pixel bulb could be bad passing up the line. ???

Offline duane.mosley

• hearthstonelights.com
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2014, »
is the whole string acting up? i have had to flash a couple of pics several times before everything worked like it should. if your using 3 core waterproof connectors from ray, could be a connection failure in the connecter.  +1 on the replacing last working and first bad node. nothing worse then getting the ladder out, replacing a bad node to get down and find out the last working node wasn't passing signal.
Florence, KY

facebook.com/hearthstonelights

Offline duane.mosley

• hearthstonelights.com
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2014, »
swap strings with another string output and see if it goes out on the bad string, and comes on with the new string.
Florence, KY

facebook.com/hearthstonelights

Offline Steve Gase

• WinterLightShow in Georgetown, TX
« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2014, »
if the first pixel is acting up... check to be sure that you put data-to-data, +12v-to-+12v, and ground-to-ground.

i've seen a purple when I mixed up my connection to the controller.
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login  |  110K channels, 50K lights  |  Nutcracker, Falcon, DLA, HolidayCoro

Offline mitch09

« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2014, »
I've seen this with my Zeus 16 when I plug in power with lights of, computer off. It goes away as soon as I boot up the computer and open xlights and check "output to lights". Then it doesn't happen again unless I unplug the power from the Zeus

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline tombmatt

« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2014, »
thanks will try those tonight