Author Topic: Vixen Channel Mapper or Vixen Profile Transfomer  (Read 2879 times)

Offline Jasonlnlv

This was mentioned in the Forum Header messages as a tool to have. I can not find where to download it. I have a few sequences I have downloaded and need to be able to change the channels in them to my layout - I assume this is the program that will help me out in this... ? I hope....

Thanks

Offline duane.mosley

• hearthstonelights.com
Re: Vixen Channel Mapper or Vixen Profile Transfomer
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2014, »
you can open up your existing sequence that you want to change, shrink it down so you can still see the channels. open up a new sequence with your new profile set up and shrink it down. right click over the channel that you want to copy and it will give you the option to copy full channel events. then just paste them into your new sequence where you need them. that is the way i did mine. just a thought.
Florence, KY

facebook.com/hearthstonelights

Offline winwin

« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2014, »
Is this what you are looking for? go to post 99
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
I downloaded it in the past but do not use it...
Hope this help
AL.

Offline Jasonlnlv

« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2014, »
I can't not find a download link for this - but other than a copy paste - is there a way in Vixen to change the channels in the sequence to fit my setup and layout ?

Offline winwin

« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2014, »
I can't not find a download link for this

the downloaded file does not work or you cannot find the link? post #99 has the link for the download and I was able to download the file (but did not try to install it)
AL.

Offline jnealand

• Patron Member
« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2014, »
Channel mapper is now a part of vixen plus.  The data files are compatible so you can make changes in vixen plus and then open them in vixen or vice versa.  The key is that you must have the old profile and the new profile.  The channel mapper will take channels that you specify in the old profile and map them to channels in the new profile.  Works good for downloaded sequences or when you make significant changes in your channel layout year to year.  Just google vixen plus or vixen+
Jim Nealand
Kennesaw, GA

Offline rrowan

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2014, »
I guess I just do it the hard way  ;)

With a dl sequence I just copy the cells from that sequence into my sequence pasting the info in the correct spot.
example: Channels 1 to 16 (tree) is copied from the DL Seq and pasted into my Seq at channels 231 to 247

I just use 2 or more windows inside of Vixen 2.1.x program.

Rick R.
Light Animation Hobby - Having fun and Learning at the same time. (21st member of DLA)
Warning SOME assembly required

Offline jnealand

• Patron Member
« Reply #7 on: December 16, 2014, »
Hey Rick, been there done that, but once you have used a channel mapper you won't want to do it the old way.  Plus if you are doing multiple conversion that use the same profiles you can save your conversion setup after you do the first one and the rest are a piece of cake.  I even have multiple monitors and can make a huge vixen screen, but the copying gets to be a huge pain.  The problem for me is it takes too many steps when you are doing lots of channel changes.  Or going from a incan string to an RGB string and have to paste the color red in every 3rd channel of the new string.  Now that I have finally moved to mostly RGB I have not used the mapper for over a year.
Jim Nealand
Kennesaw, GA