Author Topic: Wow!  (Read 1533 times)

Offline Chance

Wow!
« on: June 01, 2009, »
Very impressive!!  You just saved me hundreds of hours of programming work!  I came to this site to learn more about the Lynx controller and boy am I glad I stumbled on to Light Show Pro forum.

My key compliant in Vixen is that it provides little information of what you are editing.  So I set off to write my own program already spending countless hours learning FFT and other methods to visualize sound waves along with beat detection.

I opened up Light Show Pro, and BOOM!, there it is, a Sonogram visualization! Wham!, creating intervals from audio!  I am speechless, mouth wide open, drooling on my keyboard.   The editor is exactly what I had envisioned what an editor should be.  Awesome, awesome job from everything I see so far.  I will definitely be playing around with it and looking forward to the first version.

Thank you for your great work and I wish you the greatest success with Light Show Pro.

Chance Lindsey

Offline rmonty

Re: Wow!
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2009, »
Glad you like what you see.  Please let us know if you have any issues.  You can post them here or on the LSP forum if you feel they are helpful to everyone, or you can send them direct to us using the You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login address.  Be careful though, we've been know to "bug the crap out of you trying to find a fix".  ;) 
Sorry, I  had to use a quote from another forum.

Offline LightShowPro

• LightShow Pro Owner
    • LightShow Pro
Re: Wow!
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2009, »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Very impressive!!  You just saved me hundreds of hours of programming work!  I came to this site to learn more about the Lynx controller and boy am I glad I stumbled on to Light Show Pro forum.

My key compliant in Vixen is that it provides little information of what you are editing.  So I set off to write my own program already spending countless hours learning FFT and other methods to visualize sound waves along with beat detection.

I opened up Light Show Pro, and BOOM!, there it is, a Sonogram visualization! Wham!, creating intervals from audio!  I am speechless, mouth wide open, drooling on my keyboard.   The editor is exactly what I had envisioned what an editor should be.  Awesome, awesome job from everything I see so far.  I will definitely be playing around with it and looking forward to the first version.

Thank you for your great work and I wish you the greatest success with Light Show Pro.

Chance Lindsey

Thank you soo much for the kind words Lindsey!!
 ;D
it is just that kind of response that makes all the hard work Ryan and I put into it well worth it!

would love to hear about any issues you may find or ways that we can improve the software.
although we monitor this board, be sure to check out You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login for more info and support forums.

Thanks,
David
LightShow Pro